Chapter 9

“You love here in the city?” I asked her, looking into her sapphire-blue eyes again. Why do hers and Julie’s eyes have to be so gem-colored?

“Yeah, kind of. I live around two blocks from here at a walking distance, and it’s an advantage.” She replied as she took a sip from her coffee cup. “Why’d you end up in New Jersey last week?”

“I was going to attend a meeting with my brother. He’s the president of Cameron Autos.” I answer with a smile which widened her eyes.

“Oh my God, you’re William Cameron?” I nod at her words. “Johnny has been talking about you! He’s my boyfriend, though. I guess he didn’t care to tell you.” Wow, Johnny has a girl? I am surprised; literally.

“Oh no, we don’t meet up that much, and he has spoken of his girlfriend, you, a little last week.” I explain to keep her up from getting down.

“Oh yeah? I was about to go down there.” She laughs and then clears her throat. “Anyways, let’s talk about you. What’s your position here in NYP?”

“Oh, I am a Manuscript Plagiarism Checker. Not much of a job, aye?”

“No, it’s a great job. If your position did not exist at all, there would be thousands of Sense and Sensibility novels everywhere, but with different characters and setting. That would be disappointing.”

“Thank you very much, miss- what’s your name again?” I ask. I really haven’t asked about her name since I first saw her.

As she began to speak up, she got her ringing phone out of her purse and answered it. “Excuse me, Mr. Cameron.” She says as she looks away.

“Will.” I correct her. I’m not used to people calling me by my last name; it feels so uncomfortable ever since high school.

“I have to go now, thank you for your time.” She tells me.

“Oh, and thank you for the coffee.” She nods, stands up and walks away.

Great, I didn’t get to know her name. Again.

I walked back inside the building and came past Christian. “Late again, Will?” He laughs. God seriously I want to beat the hell out of him, if only it was legal to do it I would’ve killed him a long time ago.

“I was with a friend.” I clench my jaw, trying to stop the temptation of connecting my fist to his jaw.

“A mistress, perhaps?”

I didn’t mind him, I walked straight to the elevator but he was following me. He is really asking for it. I went in the lift, and he’s in there with me, just the two of us. I clenched my fist and bit my lip to stop myself and keep myself away from him.

“Why are your fists tightening up? Are you going to cry, baby Will?” He mocks me, and I let out a sigh.

What is wrong with him? He came past me quietly, there was no problem. But now he’s in the elevator with me, insulting as hell. I roll my eyes in every word he says, trying so hard to stop myself. Finally in what felt like years, the elevator doors open and I went out as quickly as possible.

“Go run, coward.” He shouts, and I lift my middle finger up and pointed it up to him. As soon as he saw my action, the doors closed and lead him down the building.

I’m not afraid of him, I thought. He can’t just fire me of what I did. I have my own defense: Harassment. He goes to the company president and tells him that I assaulted him vulgarly, well he harassed me; as easy as that.

I went in my office and threw myself at the chair. God, why does Christian have to be such an ass?

I searched along the folders to look for something to do, but I end up with nothing. It’s the disadvantage of my job, the boredom. Very cruel boredom. I can’t sleep though, they won’t let me. It’s a violation.