Setting it in motion

The next day Garroth dispatched a small group of soldiers to Aphmau's castle. His plan was to have them earn her trust then kill Aaron anonymously. When they reached the castle they said that they were sent to confirm that Garroth is ok with her marrying Aaron and Aphmau, being Aphmau, invited them to stay for the night. That would be the perfect time to set the plan in motion. But Aaron was a very strong and loyal knight so he was captain of the royal guard so he had his precautions. When they tried to sneak in he heard them as he is a light sleeper and without them seeing, cracked open one eye and assessed the situation. There were half a dozen soldiers in there but the sword on display above his bed was more than just a decoration. In one swift movement he was up and armed. "Give up" said one of the guards. "You're outnumbered." "But you're outmatched." Said Aaron. Then a battle ensued right there in Aaron's sleeping quarters. By the time anyone got there the soldiers were dead but Aaron was badly injured and was bleeding heavily. When some other guards found him they immediately summoned princess Aphmau and rushed Aaron to the hospital. "Is he going to be okay?" Aphmau asked a nurse. She was very worried. "He might be in a coma for a few days seeing how much blood he lost and there's no guarantee he'll survive." Said the nurse. So she stayed by his side for a week until he woke up for the first time. "Aaron!" Aphmau exclaimed hugging him. "Where am I?" He asked. "You're at the hospital. The soldiers that Garroth sent attacked you! I should have realized it was fishy that he sent soldiers. So we think it was his plan all along. And I'm sending some people to arrest him and explain this whole thing to the king and queen of O'Khasis." Aphmau explained. "But how does that explain why I'm in the hospital?" Asked Aaron. "You were fatally wounded. It was lucky that some guards found you when they did or you would have bled out." Aphmau said. "I stayed by your side this whole time. I love you Aaron." "I love you too" said Aaron and kissed her. She kissed him back.
And that's the end of another chapter. Sorry if it's not the best ending still have writers block. Hopefully I can wrap it up in the next chapter. I also have another fanfic that I need some help with. It's Zanemau and I need ideas. Any and all would be appreciated and I'll give full credit to the person who came up with the idea.