21. Premature

Your P.O.V

"Y/n?" "Miss y/l/n?" "Miss y/l/n can you hear me?" I could hear distant voices calling in the backdrop. As I opened my eyes I could make out 4-5 figures above me; my mom, Lauren, Debra and 2 others which looked like paramedics. Everything started piecing together instantly and my asthma kicked in alongside tears. "Wwhere's Charlie?" I managed to get out "wha-what am I doing in here?" I choked taking in my surroundings. "Miss y/l/n we're gonna need you to take slow and steady breaths whilst we transfer you from the ambulance into the hospital." A guy said wheeling me along. My stomach contractions were intensifying by the minute. I groaned loudly and felt 2 hands on mine beside me, a teary eyed Lauren was next to me trying to hold it together. I feel so sorry that she has to see hser older sister in this kind of pain and not be able to do anything about it, but right now my mind is on Tia and Charlie. "Lauren. Where's Charlie, I-I don't think I can cope" I sobbed looking up at her. She frantically wiped a tear that fell and cleared her throat "uhm, I just called him and he-he's on his way". He better be quick because time's not waiting for anyone.

Charlie's P.O.V

"Shot! Shot! Shot! Shot! Shot!" Shawn, Stephen and I shouted as Ty took his 3rd out of 5 shots. Just as he gulped it down my phone vibrated in my pocket "one sec I gotta take this call" I informed Shawn as I took it out of my pocket. When I saw the caller idea 'Laul😎' I was kinda surprised because I was half expecting y/n but I still answered quickly. "Hey Lauren wha-" Lauren cut me off, panicking and possibly crying "it's y/n. She-she's going through labour like right now Charlie. And all she wants is you so-" "Wait WHAT?! But she isn't meant to give birth for another 2 mont-" I started "yah, no shit Sherlock. Just get over to the hospital now" she sassed hanging up. I knew I shouldn't have left the baby shower. I rushed off to the car without saying goodbye, leaving them all confused.

When I got to the reception I asked the lady where she was and she directed me up to the maternity centre. I looked into the first room I came across and there she was. my princess was layed there crying and looking down at her stomach breathing heavily. I walked in and her head shot up and we locked eye contact. "Sir, sir we're going to have to ask you to leave" my head was everywhere "look that's my wife over there and I am NOT leaving this room!"I yelled pushing them out of the way and going to meet y/n. "Charlie" she whispered "I d-don't think I can go through with this I'm-I'm not strong enough" "c'mon princess, we gotta keep strong okay. Stay with me yeah? Take deep breaths for me and just listen to what the doctors are saying" I spoke keeping my tears in "okay Chaz" she replied taking a deep breath.

"Y/n you're going to need to push okay. You got that push and take lots of breaths" the doctor spoke. Y/n's grip on my hand tightened as she groaned in pain next to me, I just felt so helpless, all I could do was sweep the hair out of her face and keep telling her everything's fine. And it is... Right? "Aarghh FUCK! I CAN'T, I CAN'T DO TH-IS!!" she screamed as she pushed. "You're doing well baby, hang in there okay" I tried soothing her but she just got more enraged "CHARLES OTTO PUTH JUNIOR, I'M TELLING I CAN'T FRICKIN DO THIS ANYMORE" I was taken back at first but before I could say anything else, I heard a shrill cry in the room. I looked down at where the doctors and nurses were and all I could make out was a tiny red head.
I looked back at y/n who was now sweating and I kissed her forehead as she caught her breath "you did it princess, it's okay." I let go of her hand and walked down to where Tia was. She was gorgeous. "Mr Puth we're gonna need you to step back" "what? No I just want to see my daugh-" I exclaimed. "Docter! Miss y/l/n's heart rate is decreasing, fast!" I heard a nurse say behind me. "Y/n? Y/n?! Princess please. You gotta stay with me, look me in the eyes baby. Look me in the e-yes" I said my voice craking as the tears started falling. I cupped her cheeks lifting her head to meet mine but the nurses rushed me out of the room and into the waiting room. Leaving me banging at the doors.

"Charlie! Charlie what's wrong?" My mom asked holding my shoulders to steady me. "It's. She isn't. Y/n's.." I chocked, my breathing pattern uneven. "Talk sweetie. Use your words, what's wrong with y/n" she repeated "Mom she's not brea... She's dying.. And I can't do anyt-hing, she told me she couldn't. She to-ld me shhe c-couldn't. And went ag-gainst thhat" I broke down in her arms as she rubbed my back comfortingly.

A/n
Dang...😳