Chapter Two

Chapter two

I couldn't think straight the whole ride to my house. Not only because Charlie was singing louder than Kelly Clarkson in Mouse's car, also because I was thinking about how I was going to ask, what was I going to say to my parents?

Just flat out say, "Hey, I know I've been waiting two weeks to ask you, but can I go with my friends on a camping trip tomorrow?" or was there another way to say it to where they won't freak out on me for waiting so long to ask.

"Charlie, shut the hell up!" Lainey yelled over his out-of-key singing voice.

"You love it." His smile resembled the mischievous eight year old boy, Timothy, I used to babysit the summer after ninth grade. I didn't see a difference between Timothy and Charlie, he acted like an eight year old boy anyways.

Mouse pulled into my neighborhood and I watched people that were outside, I knew all of them. My neighbor, Mrs. Gantly sat outside, watching her sons play in the hose, while her daughter played in her fake doll house.

Mr. Linney sat on his porch in a rocking chair, giving sweet smiles to the little kids, but dirty looks to the teenagers. "I despise you and your little friends." Were his exact words the day Charlie and Jackson thought it was a funny idea to shit in a paper bag, put it on his porch, and set it on fire. I apologized to him, but in his eyes, we'll always be out of control rebel children.

The sound of a window rolling down snapped me out of my memories to see Charlie sticking his head out of the window. "Hey Linney!" In response, Linney flicked him off. "I love you too, you cranky old hag!" That's when Lainey grabbed Charlie's shirt to pull him back in. If I were her, I would of just pushed him out.

"Leave the guy alone, you know how much he hates you." I paused for a second to look at the rest of my friends. "Well, all of us."

Mouse used the button at the front of the car to roll up Charlie's window. "Hey! I need my fresh air." He complained.

"I swear, sometimes I think you're a dog." Mouse retorted.

While they started their little argument consisting of insults and snarky remarks, I returned back to staring out the window.

I'd been too focused on the people on my block that I didn't recognize the car had already stopped, along with their arguing.

Mouse looked back at Charlie and Ginger, pointing her finger at them. "Stay in the car and don't touch anything." She made sure to say the last part loud and clear.

"Wait, what about me?" Lainey asked, elbowing Charlie for being too close to her. It was unfortunate for her that she had to sit in between them. But then again, I was glad I didn't have to be back there with them.

"What about you?" Mouse looked at her, confused.

"Can I go in with you guys?"

"No." Mouse said, firmly.

"Why not?"

"Yeah, why not?" I piped up, also curious as to why she wouldn't let Lainey come inside with us.

"Because I don't trust dumb and dumber in my car alone." She stated the obvious. Well, obvious to her and not the rest of us. "No offense guys." She looked back at Ginger and Charlie.

"And somehow I still feel offended." Charlie responded sarcastically, not like it was unusual for him. He held his hand over where his heart is, causing his smile to turn into a frown, acting as if he was actually hurt by Mouse's words. "Come on, let her go inside, we won't do anything too illegal." He smiled. I had a feeling we weren't going to get through this weekend without Mouse or Lainey killing Charlie.