Chapter Fifteen

Chapter fifteen

Looking around the room once more, my stomach felt as if it were going to cave in on itself. "Why am I here?" I managed to get the question out.

Daniel walked towards me, I backed up every time he stepped closer.

"I didn't need you killing another person." He took another step closer. "Frankly, I hate when people touch Maria. She's fragile, you see. If you would of killed her, I'd have to kill you. Being the person I am, I hate getting messy. I like to be the reasonable person I am."

"Capturing teenagers and holding them captive isn't very reasonable." My hand felt around for whatever I could find on the metal table without being so obvious.

"I gave you all chances."

"Not Ginger." Saying her name was harder than I would of thought. "You never gave her a chance to begin with."

Daniel's right side of his mouth twitched up into a half smile. "It was her own fault."

"Why? Because she lied about having a cell phone?" My fingers wrapped around a tool. A piercing feeling shot through my finger as I realized I grabbed the blade. My face remained calm while inside I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs. My fingers grabbed the handle and dropped it in my back pants pocket.

"What are you doing?" Daniel asked while I crossed my arms across my chest, hiding my bleeding finger.

"Why are you ignoring the fact that you play unfair?" I tried to stray away from the conversation of what I was doing. "Are you afraid that if you really played by the rules, we'd win?"

Fury welled up in him, I could see it in his features as his lips formed into a thin line and he gritted his teeth together. His hand reached out to my neck, gripping it with a tight force. I kicked and hit until I grabbed the medical knife from my back pocket, stabbing it into Daniel's neck. He let go, grabbing his neck to stop the bleeding. The red liquid spurt from his neck and he groaned out in pain.

I twisted the knob and ran out of the door. Before I could make it any further, I was being grabbed. There was a momentary of regret for not taking the surgical tool from Daniel's neck to keep as a weapon.

No matter how hard my attacks were against the person who grabbed me, it did nothing to help me. From the big build, I had a feeling it was Jace. He thrown me back into the room until he seen Daniel on the ground, a puddle of blood forming under him.

"Oh shit. Leo!" He screamed out.

Within seconds, Leo came looking at the scene in front of him. "What the hell happened?" He looked at Jace then his eyes trailed to me. "Never mind." He said, putting together the puzzle. Before attending to Daniel, he shoved a syringe into my neck, forcing a liquid into my veins. My body felt heavy as I slumped to the ground, the last images I remember seeing was Leo helping Daniel.

"Marla. Welcome home honey." My mother's voice was distant, but became clearer as I regained consciousness. "She's awake." My mom said, looking over my dad who was also sitting next to me on the couch.

"What happened? Where are my friends?" I jumped to questions.

"They're at home with their parents." My mother pulled a strand of stray hair out of my face.

"Even Ginger?" I pushed myself up on the couch, looking around my house, feeling comfort in the familiar wallpaper of the living room I used to hate so much.

Before she could respond to me, a knock came. My mom walked over to the front door. When she opened, she had an odd look on her face. "Who are you?" She asked.