Chapter Four

Chapter four

My eyes blurred as I tried to focus my eyes on the figure standing in front of me. It didn't seem real. The figure seemed like a cheap cutout placed in front of my eyes, but the movements of it begged to differ. It moved at a steady pace, not too fast and not too slow. Though I couldn't see it's eyes, I knew it was staring down at me.

I sat on a cold, rough ground. Leaves and dirt covering my clothes. The feeling of a soft breeze slipped it's way through the fabric of my clothing, a blanket of coldness washing my entire body, making me shiver like a dog. From what I could tell, I was outside.

The closer it got to me, the more I tried to move my body back away from it. Danger. I sensed danger with the silhouette figure walking towards me. It didn't have any distinct detail about it, just blackness, pure blackness.

"You don't belong here." A rugged, male voice spoke in a whisper.

What do you mean? My lips tried to speak the words, but they only seemed to come out in my head.

"Leave." He answered as if he could hear my thoughts. Then he grabbed at my neck, beginning to choke the life out of me. I thought I would of had an reaction, but I sat there and took it. Stop! My mind screamed, but he didn't. As my breaths ceased, I listened to the last of his words. "Leave before it's too late."

My eyes fell in and out of consiousness until they focused on what seemed like a room. It was dark, but this time there was no silhouetted man, just me and my thoughts in a room. Where was I? How did I get here? The thoughts racked around in my brain thinking of a logical explaination, only to come up with none.

The sound of machinery whirring caused me to move my head, listening to the source. As I discovered where it came from, the silhouetted person came up from behind me, digging the saw into my neck. "This is your final warning." He sounded frustrated. Blood spewed everywhere as the saw dug more and more into my neck. My decapitated head fell to the floor allowing me to see and hear things for a few more moments until blackness took over.

My eyes snapped open, body shooting up from the seat. A dream.. It was just a dream. Feelings of thankfulness ran through my head. I didn't know what it meant, but I ignored it, I had weirder dreams, not scarier than that though.

When waking up, I expected it to be a little more graceful, like in the movies. But if you considered letting out a very unattractive grunt graceful, then I was far from it.

"Hey look, the drool queen is up." It was the one and only Charlie who said the very thing every girl wants to wake up hearing.

"I wasn't dro-" I began to stay as I reached up to touch my face to feel my cheek wet. "Maybe a little."

"A little?" He scoffed. "If you were to put a bucket un-"

"Watch it, dot boy."

He reached up to touch his face before responding back to me. "Hey, leave my freckles alone."

"What's wrong with freckles?" I heard Ginger say from the seat beside me. I looked over at her, her lip in pout form.

"Nothing's wrong with it. I love your freckles." I reassured her and she smiled back. "But sometimes I think the boy over there just took a brown marker to his face, dotting himself with a very permanent marker." The comment made her laugh, then she returned to fiddling with her phone.

"Oh, before I forget, Lainey told me to ask if you woke up before she got back, could you switch seats with her?" Ginger said. And that's when I realized we weren't moving in the car, we were parked at a gas station. Mouse, Lainey, and Jackson must of been in the gas station. How long ago were they picked up and how was I sleeping? A look at the clock on my phone told me it was 4:55, so almost two hours. I felt a poke at my side to see Ginger trying to get my attention. "She doesn't want to sit next her brother, he keeps messing with her or something like that."