Part 12- The Faceless One

"Help!" Kristina started screaming, and Haron went outside to see what is wrong.

"What happened?" He asked and looked at Alex. She looked pale in Kristina's hands.

"I have no idea."

"Give her to me. I will take her to the infirmary."

Haron took Alex in his hands and, as fast as he could, took her there. He left her on one of the beds; she looked lifeless. The medic started to examine her, quickly, to determine what was wrong. He tried a couple of ways to wake her up, but no luck. He also tried numerous herbs but the result was the same. This was until he saw something on her arms. He looked at it and stepped back.

"What is it?" Haron was looking at him confused.

The medic showed him her palms – they were red all over. There were tiny holes on them, almost like sting marks- red and swollen. Kristina walked into the room as she watched what was happening. The medic was examining the process very carefully. He turned around and looked them in the eyes.

"She might be The Faceless one." He sat on a chair in the corner of the room, looking at Alex and her swollen red palms. Was the legend true?

***

Seyren, New Events in the Kingdoms.

Lorence was running through the wild forests of Seyren and he felt really happy. The forests spread from the establishment of the Leons and reached the kingdom of the Naga. If you did not know the area well, it was sure that you would get lost in them.

He was running and looking around carefully. He was supposed to be near the place. Kristina might have sniffed his trail, but when you go through the portal leading to Valanos, it leaves you in a different part of the land. He went in first, so he was safe for now.

The forest was starting to look familiar. The trees, bushes, grass... everything. A small cottage appeared in front of him and he stopped. He stopped for a second to catch some air, then went inside. He was looking for someone, but no one was inside. He left his belongings on a wooden chair when a voice startled him. "Do you have it?" Lorence turned around and he saw a shadowy figure. "Don't sneak up on me like that. Yes. I have it."

"Let me see it." It was a male voice. He came closer as Lorence reached in his backpack and gave the man the item he stole from Kristina. "How did you manage to do that?" The man was really surprised.

"It was what you wanted of me, Reim. It took me some time, but I did it."

"Yes you are correct." He was smiling as he held the item. He felt so happy. "The important thing is that we control it now."

They both giggled. Lorence sat in one of the chairs.

"Now what?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Reim was looking directly into his eyes. "Kill another member of the wolf clan."

"Really?"

"Yes. And you will help me, Lorence." Reim's voice sounded almost devilish.

"How?"

"Simple. You kill and dump the body in the ocean where the Naga live."

"Done. Anything else?"

They started to happily discuss the plan. It was time for action.

***

Nakoru was just about to prepare his breakfast. He hunted for it for a couple of hours. There was nothing better than to eat what you catch with your own hands. He gave some meat to his family, which surrounded him from all sides. As a pack leader it was his duty to take care of his friends, family and everyone else, no matter his wishes. Just as he took a big piece for himself, he heard the loud howl. Nakoru gave the meat to the nearest person and quickly took off.