Epilogue

As he was about to drink, someone rang the doorbell. He put the glass on the table and went to the front door. He pressed the speaker near the door and spoke "who... Who is it?"

"Its Natalie sir, Im here for the menu remember?" She said.

"Oh, right, for a moment Natalie." Bruce said and wiped his tears and tried to clear his voice. He went to the gate and opened it for her.

"Sorry i kinda forgot, come inside please." Bruce gestured

"Okay.. Are you okay sir?" She asked as she looks at him with curiosity.

"Im fine, its just a long day, i guess."

They entered the house and Natalie sat on the sofa with the dogs, they were excited upon seeing her. Bruce went upstairs to get the the menu. As he went down there was something waiting for him. There was a plate full of red velvet cupcakes.

"Whats this?" Bruce asked.

"Oh, i picked them up on the way here. Since theyre still good, i thought you'd like some. Since you like sweets..." She said.

"Oh, thanks!" Bruce sat down and got one cupcake and took a bite. "Oh yeah here's the menu for uhhh."

"Valentines day." Natasha said.

"Yes! Thats it. I hope we get lots of couples tomorrow." He said

"We will dont worry sir."

"No sir at home just Bruce is fine."

"Okay, uhm.. Bruce did you like the cupcakes?" She asked and smiled.

"I did! Theyre truly divine. Come, eat as well." Bruce gestured.

"No thanks, theyre really just for you." She said.

"What do you mean? Did you make these?" He asked.

"Yes."

"Just for me?"

"If you put it that way, then yes Bruce i did... Im glad you liked them."

There was a moment of silence and Bruce was in thought, then he said "you know, I'm. The kind of you guy who would ask straight without a second thought, just to get an honest opinion."

"Is that so?"

"Yeah... And i want to ask you, do you... Idk, like like me?"

.

.

.

"So kids the lesson here is that your mom and i never really loved each othe in first sight. Things change and so does feelings. You just get swept away by those emotions. I learned to love your mom. And i love her so much. The thing is, whatever you're waiting for will or will not be given to you, thats reality. But if it is given to you, it might not be from the person you expect it to. Receive it whole heartedly for it is in front of you. You might be looking for something, but in the process youll find something totally different and that will change everything." Bruce said

"Wow, dad, that was hard from your point of view." A boy said.

"Yeah, you waited for so long, but its a good thing mom was there with you." A girl said

"Yes, i am lucky to be with your mom.." Bruce smiled.

"The truth is kids, the girls before me were always lucky with your dad, he is caring and all that nice stuff, but he was never lucky with them. I guess you could say we were lucky with each other."