Ideal Life

Bruce left the restaurant and got in his car. He started the engine and drove. He started the radio to listen to music, at which point the travel time was about 20 minutes. He arrived. As he parked his car, he opened the door to his house and said "I'm home!" While he removes his footware

Footsteps rushed to Bruce.

"Welcome home dad!" Said a girl dressed in a rilakkuma t-shirt and shorts. And then two dogs came after her and got to Bruce.

"Heyyyy" Bruce smiled. "Hows my baby girl?" He teased.

"Come on dad i'm 16." She giggled. "I have some news for you dad."

"News?" He asked, as he walked towards the living room with the dogs and his daughter. "What kind of news?"

The living room was filled with pictures of their family, from graduations and achievements on a wall.

"Natasha!" A boy shouted from the upper floor. "Dont you dare." He then came down in a hurry.

"Danny wanted some advice on how to court a girllll." Natasha said as she smiled in front of Danny's face as if to mock him. "But he's too shy to ask you, so he asked me what girls like and i said i couldnt help him, so i told you dad."

Danny was frustrated at his younger sister and shy at the same time because of his father. "I... I can explain, there's this play-"

"You're 19, finally my boy wants advice hahah" Bruce laughed. "No excuses, i know those eyes. You like a girl?"

Danny sighed "yes, i do... I just dont know what to do."

Bruce smiled "well sit here kids." They all sat on the sofa. "Where's mom anyway?"

"RIGHT HEEEREEEE!" Shouted a lady in the kitchen. "Im preparing your dinner dear, i'll be right there in a moment."

"Okay hon! Thank you." Bruce breathed and sighed. "Now where were we, ah, have i ever told you kids how i met your mom?"

"Not even once." Natasha said.

"Yeah howd you guys end up together?" Danny asked.

"Well it was the last year of college, i met your mom at the second semester." Bruce went on. "At first sight she was already my crush, though i had many crushes on campus, she was one of them. We met each other through our common friend. I was just as shy as she is, but i eventually talked to her and we had a lot in common."

"So it was love at first sight for the both of you?" Danny asked.

"Not so much, you see love doesnt always reach both ways, sometimes you have to open that iron heart. Your mom at that time had never had a serious relationship before. We started out as close friends and we always talked to each other about fun things. And i wanted to know more about her, because i knew i was going to fall for her. Through enough, we had a date of our own, just the two of us because i asked her out. Well i asked her as a friend though."

"And thats where you confessed?" Natasha asked who looks so happy.

"Haha i did. But before that we watched a movie and did fun stuff. Then when the moment seemed perfect, i said what i needed to say. I said "i have a crush on you"." Bruce laughed " the funny thing was how your mother reacted, she asked why her and i said "because youre so fun to be with, youre kind, youre honest, your somewhat exotic quirks and problems attract me." Your mom had personal issues and i supported her all the time, and i love her because she was strong enough to overcome them."

"Wow dad, youre good." Danny said.

"Haha, no son, i was just doing what i wanted your mom to feel, and thats to make her feel appreciated, and loved. After that day, we talked some more. And then The third semester started. I gave your mom all sorts of romantic gifts, like roses, post it notes, stuff she loves when we argue. I made it a goal to make her happy all the time. And i loved seeing your mother smile because of me."