Chapter 9

We walked in and I saw Mic sitting next to my seat. Her little Squad was on the other side of the room. I smirked and walked over to my seat with Jan dead on my heels. I sat down pretending I didn't see her there. I turned towards Janette and talked to her.

"So Steph... I have a confession." Janette said.

It sounded serious so I straightened my position. I gave her a gesture to let her know to continue.

"I'm not sure how you'll take it so I'm lil scared to tell you."

"Jan it's all good. You might be surprised at my reaction depending on what it is."

She sighed and threw some of her hair out of her face. "I'm bi."

I cocked an eyebrow with small smile on my face. "Really? Like seriously?"

"Yes..." she trailed.

"OMG forreal? It don't even seem... you don't seem like that type. Wow." I sighed smiling. I don't even know why I was smiling but I was. I was shocked because she just doesn't seem like the type. I usually can tell or sense these types of things.

"Its that cool? Or I really don't have a chance in Squad?" She asked.

"You good. Like I said I'm just shocked. You don't seem like that type. But yea. You still good." I smiled.

She smiled back at me. Blushing really. I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned around and saw Julie. One of those girls that I don't fuck with, intentionally. I looked up at her.

"Can I help you?" I asked.

"Hi. I'm Julie."

"I know. Is there sumn I can help you with?"

She went in her tight ass pants pockets and pulled out a slip of paper and slid it in my direction. I looked at it. It was her number and she wrote a lil sumn below it.

'Call me when you get home. Its important. -Julie.'

I looked up to ask her about but she wasn't standing there anymore. Thats weird. Me and Jan talked a little more about random topics. Then the bell rang freeing us. I put Julie's number in my pocket. I picked up my bag and headed for the door. And just like everyday, Squad was outside the door waiting for us. They saw Michelle and mugged her.

"Fake ass." Robyn mumbled.

She held her head down in shame. She know she was wrong.

Back at home...

I walked in the house, laughing. Odell is stupid dude. I can't with him.

"You stupid man!" I said trying contain my laughter.

"I'm serious. This mane sat next to me smellin like hot piss, pussy juice and a bag of donkey dicks. Like what tf is wrong with you? How you can be so disrespectful to sit by me smellin like that?" He shook his head. "Don't make no damn sense."

We continued to laugh at this crazy fool.

"How you know what donkey dicks smell like?" Michael asked.

"I don't but dude on Instagram do."

"Well how does he know?" I asked.

"I don't know Steph. Ask him shidd."

We once again laughed at his craziness. He's a piece of work.I dropped my backpack down on my bed and walked back in the living room with everybody. August grabbed my hand and pulled me into his lap. I snuggled up to him and he kissed my forehead.

"So did Mic apologize for yesterday?" Dev questioned.

"I guess you coulda' called it an apology." I answered playing with Auggie's long fingers.

She shook her head and chuckled. I furried my eyebrows at her then I remembered Julie giving me her number and told me to call her. I reached in my pocket and pulled out her number, just staring at it. Debating whether I should call or not. I will a little later on.

"Whats that?" Sabrina asked.

"Julie's number." I stuffed it back in my pocket. They eyed me. I rolled my eyes. "She said she had to tell me sumn important. I didn't ask for it. She just gave it to me." I shrugged.

"Mmm." They said.

"Man shut up!" I laughed.

"So we need to talk about somebody's birthday comin up next week." Dev smiled.

I blushed.

"Yep ma' babyeh turnin 17. Join da' club bae." August said.

"Shut up!" I said playfully.

He laughed, "But seriously watchu wanna do fa' ya' birt'day?"

"I don't know." I shrugged, "I'm just ready for it to come around."

"Well I, your Bestfriend, has somethings planned for you so don't worry girl. Yo birthday gon be the shit!" She said.

"How many times I gotta tell ya she's not yo Bestfrann? She's mine." Rob said comin in the house and dropping his keys on the counter.

"Nigga shut cho' big nosed ass up! She was my Bestfrann first!" I laughed at Dev's comment.

"But I've known her longer... every since diapers my nigga."

"Man wateva. She's my Bestfrann. Always has been. Always will be."

"Will the both of y'all shut the hell up! Dev. You're my girl Bestfrann. Rob. You're my boy Bestfrann."

"See. I told you. Man... stop.... bruh!" They said together.

These fools. I'm glad I got them as a Squad. They'll always be by my side.

Clues. Clues. Clues. Alotta clues.

Questions? Thoughts? Comments? Votes? Lemme know whatchu thinking.

Excuse mistakes. Much love.😘💋

Jae😙💙👑