Chapter 16

August POV
2 days later...

I've been calling Steph every since the party the other night. And every since the party, she hasn't answered. So right now I'm getting dressed to go to her house and see what's up.

"Junior? *sniffs* Where you goin?" My Pops asked me as I headed for the door and grabbed my keys.

I scoffed, "Out." I answered. I got in my and sped off to Steph's.

***

I got out my car and knocked on the door. Her Mom's car wasn't in the driveway. It was jus' hers and that dude Robert's. I ain't like him. I never have, proli never will. I don't like otha' dudes bein on my girl. 'Cause she's mine. Nobody else's. This dude opened the door shirtless. A part in me wanted to snap but I trust Steph, so I let it go. For now anyway.

"Wessup?" He said playin with the twisties in his hair.

"Whatchu thank is up? I ain' come hea' jus' ta' look sexy."

He rolled his eyes and stepped aside to let me in. "Let me tell her you here." He said getting ready to walked off to her room.

I stopped him and said, "Naw I'm good. I can tell ha' ma'self."

"She might not want company is all I'm sayin. It's been a rough three days for her. I know some shit that you don't so..."

"Like I said. I can tell ha' ma'self. Buh' thanks."

Stephanie POV

I hugged my sister tightly. She was comfortably cuddled in my arms. I looked down at her and kissed her forehead. I was still tryna process what I heard the other night. They let her go earlier than expected since she recovered faster than they thought. They said she responded to treatment very well. So we were laid up in my bed watching her favorite movies.

It was Matilda.

Some Barbie Mermaid Movie.

Princess and The Frog.

And of course every little girls favorite, Frozen.

I heard a knock on my door right at my favorite part where she was spinning Mrs. Trunchbull on the globe.

"Come on!" I yelled.

Once the door opened I saw August standing in the door frame. I just looked. "What's up?"

"Hey Auggie!" Jael cheesed.

"Hey babyehgul! Steph? Phones don't work 'round hea' no mo'?"

"Dont start Aug. I just got some things on my mind Aug. Thats all." I stated. "Jael give me and Auggie a minute. Okay baby?"

"Okay sissy. Pause the movie. Okay?"

"Okay."

"Don't start it without me Okay?"

"Okay baby I won't." She walked out and August looked back at me.

"Like what?" He asked.

"Nothin for you to worry your pretty lil head about doll." I smirked.

"Stephanie. I don' tol' ya' bout dat shidd. But ya' gotta tell me what's goin on. Ya' know Ion like when we got secrets between us."

"Yes August. I know. I'll tell you when time is right okay?"

"No Stephanie. Ya' haven't talked ta' me fa' 'bout three days. I need ta' know wessup?"

I sighed. "August please don't press this issue. I don't wanna talk about this right now."

He blew air out of his mouth with frustration. "Ight. Fine Steph. But we will talk 'bout dis an' I am not playin."

"Okay. I promise. I'll tell you, when time is right."

He shifted his eyes at me. He rolled them and sat next to me on the bed.

After that I called Jael back in the room so we could finish the movie. Aug stayed with us and watched the movies since he was gon go out with us as a favor to Jael. The both of them killed me once we started watchin Frozen and Jael had August singing 'Let It Go'.

"Auggie?" Jael said.

"Yes?"

"You comin out wit us?"

He looked at me. "Whea'?"

"We goin our to eat. I want you to come. Will you Auggie?"

"If it's okay wit ya sista'?" He said.

I cocked an eyebrow. "Why wouldn't it be okay wit me?"

"I mean ya' been keepin so much from me, I gotta ask na'?"

"That's not fair."

He shrugged his shoulders and directed his attention back to my sister. "Yeah I'a come fa' ya'."

She started smiling at him and cuddled in his arms.

Through out the movie Aug seemed so cold towards me. I mean i understand he's upset, but really? But for babygirl, August must be real warm and comforting because Jael never falls asleep on Frozen. And it wasn't long before me and Aug did the same.

Sorry for the boring chapter. Things will start to pick up tho. Be'lee me.😉👌

Questions? Thoughts? Comments? Votes?

Lemme know. Excuse mistakes. Much love.😘💋

Jae😙💙👑