Chapter 18

3 days later
2 days til Steph's birthday...

Its been 3 days since I've last talked or seen August. I was really jittery about how he rushed out of the restaurant like that. I hope everything's okay. I've called Mel too but he didn't answer either. I was just getting dressed so I can go over there, but there was a knock on the door as I slipped on my Jordan 7s. I got up and answered it. Speaking of the devil. There he stood Mr. August Alsina himself in my door frame.

"What the hell is your problem?! Do you know how many times I've called you?! How many messages I left you?! Have you lost it or naw August?! You had me worried sick about you! You didn't answer my calls. Mel didn't answer-"

"Dats 'cause he's dead." August told me calmly, breaking my rant. I stood there in shock at what he just told me. Melvin? Melvin? August's brother Melvin? Mel? I swear my heart sped up and I got really hot. Mel was like my own brother. First my sister. Now Mel. What's next?

"M-m-mel's dead?" I stuttered.

He shook his head with sorrow in his eyes. I grabbed his hand and pulled him inside taking off his jacket. Pulling him to the couch I sat next to him. Not knowing if I wanted to cry, scream or be angry. A million thoughts were running through my mind and I knew August's mind was the same way. He buried his face in the palms of his hands. I kissed his cheek once. Then again. Then I kissed down his jaw line. He looked over at me and pulled me in close for a passionate kiss. I didn't hesitate to kiss him back. I couldn't help but to continue to think about Mel. I thought about how lost I knew Aug would be without him. August and Mel were so close and now somebody took that from him. I hated that he has to go through this. He pulled back and I noticed tears rolling down his face. This was a rare moment because he doesn't cry. But he just lost a person that meant the world to him.

Later that day...

I laid back against my headboard as August's head was rested on my stomach. I took a puff and passed it to him. He took it out my hands and took a long drag. I played in his curls as we smoked in silence. The scent of the herb filling the air of my room, kissing my nose and blessing my mind. He passed it back, with the aroma in the air relaxing my muscles and him.

"It's not fair babe."

I rubbed up his forehead and kissed it. "I know but it'll be okay. Things are gonna get better."

"I lost him Steph. That was my fuckin brother. My fuckin best friend. I lost him."

"Auggie. I know it hurts baby but it'll be okay. At least his resting and he ain't gotta be out here stressin no more. Things are gonna be alright. You have to remember and believe that." I told him.

"Steph?" He asked.

"Yes Daddy?" I small smiled.

"Can you tell me why you left the party that night?"

I tightened my jaw and froze for a second. "Baby I don't think this is the right time to tell you. You gotta a lot goin on. I think we should wait a little longer before I tell you." I lit up another blunt and took a puff leaning back against the wall.

"Well when is the right time? Steph I think you can tell me. I mean it can't be any worse." He took the blunt out my hand and dragged from it.

I took it back, sighed and took two drags, "Babygirl has cancer."

There you guys have it. I hope y'all enjoyed. Lemme know your thoughts so far.

Excuse mistakes. Much love.😘💋

Jae😚💙👑