The Seventh Rift

This was it. This was the final rift if the Sewer remembered correctly. The Sewer looked over at  Spencer and felt glad for his company. However Spencer usually being the talkative soul was quiet. Personally it was beginning to worry the Sewer. "Are you alright?" The Sewer asked. Spencer jerked suddenly and then looked at the Sewer. His smile was strained, "Yes I'm alright. So don't worry about me." He said. The Sewer just looked at him but then decided to drop it. Turning back to the task at hand the Sewer looked at their destination. 

   The castle looked ominous as it floated there in limbo. "Well then, we'd better get a move on." The Sewer sighed. However Spencer wasn't following. "Hey, Sewer." He said.

"Yes?"

"I need to tell you something... I probably should've said it a long time ago..."

"What is it? What's the matter?"

"You're incomplete."

"What?"

"You're incomplete. Your life force is draining from you body. Slowly of course, but still draining. The... the problem is that I don't know how to fix it... You're dying in front of me and I don't know how to help you..." He said.

   The Sewer just looked at him for the longest moment. Then forced its own smile to its face, "Don't worry about me. We really need to worry about Fallon." The Sewer said. Fallon nodded, "Yes I guess you're right." He said. They shared a grimace and then turned their attention back to what they had previously been doing.

   Fallon took in ragged gulps of air. His mouth tasted of iron and dirt and frankly he was sick of it. "You know.... I figured that you'd find some sap to pay off your debt but... I guess you aren't that smart." A man said. His skin was as pale as Ceras. He had wild inky black hair that was put up into sharp spikes. Dark circles were under is onyx eyes and he held a bored expression. He sat sideways on a throne of dark shadows and just looked at Fallon. "You had better start praying to whatever god makes you happy because in a few moments I'm going to send you back to them." He said boredly. 

   Fallon licked his cracked lips and looked around for anything of use. The problem is that when you're chained down it's kind of hard to get anything. So all Fallon did was close his eyes. He knew that making a bet with Ezra was a bad idea but he couldn't help it. In truth the thing he was looking for most had already passed on. "I don't have a god to pray to." He said. 'Idiot! That was the only time that you had to think! Now he's gonna kill you!' Fallon snapped in his mind. He then suddenly smiled as all of his mind stilled at the prospect of dying again.

   The twosome finally made it to the castle and then saw that the front door was open slightly.  The Sewer slipped in first with Spencer right behind it. The Sewer's heart rate went up and it heard the blood rushing through its ears. They walked through the castle and found it to be pretty straight forward. They then came to a pair of gilded doors. "This is is Sewer. I'm pretty sure that's where they're gonna be keeping Fallon. These doors are definitely flashy enough for him." Spencer said. The Sewer nodded and stepped forward. This was it. Pushing the door open they then walked in.

   The scene was horrifying. There was Fallon. He was lying on the floor with his blood splattered all over in a huge area. His body was bent in only ways that proved his bones to be broken and he had cuts clear down to the bone. The Sewer couldn't see him breathing and feared the worst. "Ah, so you're finally here." Cera said. She stepped out of the shadows and regarded them calmly. In her hands she was polishing a sword.

   "Did you do that to him?" The Sewer asked. Cera looked over to Fallon and sniffed, "No I didn't. You'll have to talk to my master about that one." Then with that a loud chuckling started. The Sewer looked up and saw a man covered in blood. He grinned at them, "Welcome to my castle my esteemed guests. Cera has told me a lot about you." He said as he walked down to the Sewer and Spencer. Spencer immediately whipped out a knife and twirled it lazily in hand as a warning. The Sewer felt its heart rate go up even more. This was it. This was the final battle.