The Third Rift

The Sewer and Fallon began walking. "So where is the third rift?" The Sewer asked. The Sewer was surprised to find that it's voice was now deeper as well. Fallon took a moment and then spoke, "I believe that it's in the Village of Shallot."

"You think or you know?"

"I am... Fairly sure."

  The Sewer felt like it needed to smack him. However it pushed the thought away and motioned for Fallon to lead. Fallon led the Sewer through a long trail through the beautiful forest. The Sewer felt as if it could easily lose track of time around here. They eventually stopped in front of what must've been the Village of Shallot. There wasn't much to this little place really. There were shabby shacks with missing floorboards built up in trees. Random pieces of bark were used as doors and moss for welcome mats.

  "Well, here we go." Fallon said. The Sewer rolled it's eyes and walked forward. "Excuse me." The Sewer said as it came up to a villager. The villager watched the Sewer, "Why hello there little boy! How can I help you?" she asked. The Sewer felt a twinge of annoyance but tried to keep it's tone civil. "I was wondering if you have seen a rift. A golden hole in the middle of the ground, wall, or air?" the Sewer asked. The woman smiled and shook her head, "I'm sorry dear, but I can't say I can." she cooed. The Sewer frowned and walked off. There Fallon was waiting, laughing. "Th-that was g-great!" he chuckled. The Sewer snorted and stomped on Fallon's foot.

  This was getting ridiculous. The Sewer had checked the entire village, nothing! Here was not one sign of the rift. Storming out of the last tree hut, the Sewer made it's way toward Fallon. Snapping a stick from a tree nearby it then proceeded to smack Fallon senseless. "Ow! Stop it!" He screeched. The Sewer soon stopped as a bell like laugh sounded. Looking over there was a woman. She had long black hair, violet blue eyes, and scars on the back of her hands. She had a look in here eyes that said 'Don't mess with me sweetheart'. "Seems your companion doesn't appreciate teasing." she chuckled.

  Fallon looked at her and snorted. "Who're you?" he asked. "Name's Lupe Williams. What's yours? Narcissus?" she replied. Fallon looked murderous, "I'm the Sewer and this is Fallon." the Sewer replied almost robotically. It didn't have time to waist on these idiots. "You're looking for the rift thing right? I can take you there." she said. The Sewer stopped cold. Thins girl knew where he rift was? Hm...question was, what's the catch? "You'd take us there? Free of charge?" Fallon asked suspiciously. Lupe nodded, "well, I wouldn't say free. You see I wanna to with." she replied. Fallon snorted again.

"Not happening."

"Oh, so I guess you're gonna search the entire forest? It has a sixty mile radius."

"Well... I.... I opened all of the rifts! So of course I'll be able to find them!"

"Enough! She's coming. Now take us to the rift."

  Lupe nodded at the Sewer and put away the knife she had previously drawn. The Sewer rolled it's eyes and then followed her. They came around a cliff, under a waterfall, and through a cave. There set in the wall was the rift. However this one showed an ominous roadway. Next to the rift was a note.

  'watch your back Sewer.

                                  Cera'

  Ignoring the note the Sewer stepped through. Turning around, Lupe and Fallon tumbled through. They wrestled each other down to the ground and proceeded to punch each other. The Sewer ignored them and the feeling of change as it took out the needle and thread. Checking it, the Sewer saw it only had four more stitches left. Sighing, the Sewer set to work. And so the third stitch was spent.