Chapter 1

I stood in the waiting room as nurses ran my dad into a room, my mother right next to me. Dad got into a terrible accident on his way to my graduation. Apparently, while he was on his way, a semi Hannah fords truck pulled out in front of him, dad going to fast to stop, smashed into the truck. He had broken bones through his whole entire body and a severe injury to his head. The doctors didn't  even know if he would survive. He didn't look like himself. 

          "He will be OK Jessica, I know he will."  mom said as I walked back and fourth around the waiting room. " You can't be sure mom i mean the doctors don't even know if he will survive!" I said shouting. Mom sighed as if to agree but not wanting to say anything.  

           After waiting seven and a half hours, the doctor returned telling us that dad did not survive the surgery. A dozen salty tears rolled down our cheeks not knowing what else to do. We went home that morning still crying. When we got home the first thing I did was go straight to my room. I locked the door not wanting attention from my mom. " Jessica, please don't stay locked up in your room." mom said with a worried tone. I heard, but didn't answer. Mom sighed. I didn't want to make mom upset but I really didn't want to talk about it. 

              I didn't go to school for the first few weeks either. Dads funeral was tomorrow to and I have my speech all ready to read. Tomorrow would be the first day I talked for the past few weeks. Every time I think about dad I feel like hes right next to me telling me everything will be OK. I know that he would want me to move on with life and have a good one, but how could I? Life seemed impossible without him there to comfort me when I'm sad or alone. 

                "JESSICA!" mom shouted. "Are you ready? we need to go!" she said as I walked out of my room. "Yes mom I'm right here." I said softly. Mom was wearing a beautiful black dress that only went down to her knees. I was wearing a rather long one. As we were driving mom asked me a dozen questions even I couldn't answer. I didn't say anything. when we got there we sang dads favorite song then had our speeches. Mom did hers first.

                 "My husband was the best man I had ever met. He treated me like a princess and cared for me. When the doctor told me he had died all I did was cry. There was nothing i could do about it and that feeling was devastating! He was loving, caring, sympathetic. anything you could imagine! When he died it was like life was sucked right out of me! Like I died but I couldn't show it!" mom started to cry. "I'm sorry." she said then stepped off the stage and took her seat. Next it was my turn.

                   "Dad..Was my best friend. He was always there when I needed him most. When I was sad, he comforted me. When I was alone, he hung out with me. Him dieing was the worst possible thing that could have happened. He was no longer with me in person. It's hard to believe hes gone. I was his little princess. He called me that a lot when I was little a lot! We joked around together, we laughed, we hung out. I was probably the happiest person in the world! But most of that was sucked out of me. I'm not the person i used to be. I don't smile like I used to. I don't laugh like I used to. There was no more joy after he died. None." I stepped of the stage and took my seat. Mom hugged me and kissed me. 

                      After me was the rest of family and friends. On the way home mom asked if I was ready to go to school. I didn't know what to say but I did answer. I told her next week. When arrived home mom walked in first. She told me there was a surprise on my bed that uncle tom got me. I opened it and found the most beautiful diamond necklace I had ever seen. On it was a note that said: Jessica, this was found in your fathers car. He planned to give it to you to on your graduation. dads note was on the bottom. It said: my little princess has graduated! I'm so happy! I love you so much baby! And I can't wait to watch you grow up! Love you!