CHAPTER 2

After reading the note I sat on my bed and thought about dad. I knew he couldn't hear me but I pretended that he was right next to me. I said all my thought out loud as if I were talking to him face to face. I went out to see my mom watching her favorite show. It's a great show! Anyway, I remember when my dad and I went to Splash town together. We were going down the big slide and i screamed while he laughed. He told me I almost broke his eardrums! 

              "Jessica, I need you to call Uncle Tom and let him your OK!" mom shouted from across the house. "OK!" I shouted back. I had talked to Uncle Tom for about half an hour. He asked me when I was going back to school. I told him tomorrow, which was in fact the truth. Mom is supposed to wake me up early.

                Dad used to tell me that I was his world and that if anything were to happen to me he wouldn't know what more was to life or what to do. This time it was the opposite. Dad died now I don't know what is more to life.  But I know  that dad would have wanted me to move on and I'll try it will be tough though.

                  "Jessica, it's time for you to get up for school!" mom yelled. I was already up but I still said OK. I wasn't really worried about all the school work and stuff but I was  about every ones reactions to me coming back and stuff..And so soon! Middle school wouldn't let me see the end of it! But it had to happen sooner or later so I had decided now. Dad would have wanted me to do it this way anyway. 

                "JESSICA, YOUR BACK!!!" my best friend Tiffany shouted down the hallway. "Tiff, I've missed you so much!" I shouted back. We had the longest conversation you could ever imagine. Most of the class just asked me how I felt and if I was OK. Most of the time I answered yes. I didn't want to tell everyone how I really felt unless they were a close friend. My teachers didn't really bring it up, they were very happy that I was back though!

                         I came back home and my mom was cleaning the house. She told me their was mail for me on the blue desk in my room. When I went over to look at it I realized it was from new york. It was a movie adition I signed up for from when i was 10. I didnt know what to say or do. I just folded it up and told myself I would think about it later and tell mom about it.