CHAPTER 3

I find it funny that earlier today an elderly lady asked me if I wanted to join the church this Sunday. I always believed that elderly people were mean like grandmother, guess not! Of course I said no, besides the rest of my family was seventh-day Advents. Now about the letter, I have decided to fly to New York and do my addition! I choose this path only because I knew that dad would have wanted me to do it this way. I miss him so much and wish that he were here with me to watch me live my dream. I will be flying there tomorrow and will have my addition on Monday.

" Jessica, you need to wake up now or you'll miss your flight, girly!" mom shouted across the house. "I'M UP!" I screamed back as I threw the covers off quickly. I haven't even packed yet! I threw everything I could find into my suit cases faster than lightning. I then got myself dressed and saw mom looking at me sternly as I walked out of my room and down the stairs. " Didn't I tell you to pack last night?!" mom said. "Yes,actually you did but I was to tired. I thought you would have woken me up earlier!" I said. "Well we will stop somewhere so that you can eat something other than that airline food!" she said laughing. I just giggled as I walked out the door.

I think it sucks that I will have to leave school and so fast! I mean I literally just got back! We are almost at the airport and moms not coming with me! She rented me a room so that I have somewhere to stay. "Are you OK bebes?" mom asked. "Bebes?" I said laughing. She laughed too. "Yes, I'm quite alright. I just wish that you were there with me wile I'm auditioning." I said softly. "I know and I'm sorry but you know that i do have work and if I don't go-." "Yes, I know you'll get fired." I said cutting her off. Mom just looked at me with those soft eyes again like she always does.

As I boarded the plane I looked behind me to see mom waving her hand and crying at the same time. A salty hot tear ran down my face as I waved back. If I had got the part I wouldn't see her until December. Right now its April. The old man looked at me and asked if I were alright and of course I told him yes! I'm glad that at least one person noticed and cared. It seems like people these days don't care anymore like the world revolves around them. I think it's just plain rude how they treat each other! " Miss, would you like something to drink?" the flight attendant asked. " Yes, could I please have a water?" "Yep!" she said loudly as if I were across the street or something.I watched as she pourded it quickly into the cup. "Thank you!" I said as she handed it to me.

Well i finally made it! I'm in my hotel room laying on the bed, more tierd than ever! I have so much sleep to catch up on! I swear I have been everywhere all day. Spent a little money. I really wish my mom and dad were here right now, I woulden't feel so lonely right now! I have no one to talk to! That is one feeling that I hate and I have felt this before, whent my dad died. There was litarly no one to talk to. I didn't like talking to mom as much but now I have to. I'm happy as long as im doing what dad would have wanted me to do!