CHAPTER 4

Todays the big day! It's the day I get to finally have my dad be smiling in the sky. I used to love going up to the podium and talking with my voice louder that a tigers roar. Now, since dad died, I have not had that voice as if it were stolen right out of my throat. I want to bring it back, an today's the day to do that! I'm nervous but it's worth it for dad, one change though, he's not here.

"Jessica Taylor" said the lady next to the curtain. I slowly get up so see all eyes on me. I finally quickly walk to the curtain, get inside, and take a huge breath with my back turned to the judges. "So, Jessica, we want you to grab your script and go to the first line of Christina." Finely getting to the top line I respite" Justin, I need you to get the phone over there for me." "What for?" said the lady acting with me. " You asked what happened to my purse, it's in the water so I need to call 911."--

The addition went fabulous and I think I have gotten the part but am not sure. they told me they would call me a week from now which would be my 14th birthday. I can't believe I am here in New York! It's way to good to be true and I wish my mom was here.

Is there anyway that I can calm down? I mean I have been so stressed since the audition. I think it's because I have no family. Ever since I was little I have always been alone. As if I were locked up in a room not saying a word because I'm a little girl with nothing to show for my life except that my father was dead. Not exactly what you'd expect. Obviously I never said anything knowing I'd get judged. If only life had been different...if only.