Queen of Light

"How's Precht doing, Warrod?" I asked Warrod, concerned with the fact that Precht appeared to be in pain. It has been two days since our confrontation with the Blue Skull guild. Precht had been shot in the eye and has been unconscious ever since. This is all my fault! If I wasn't so overconfident about our abilities, none of this would have happened.

I looked up at Warrod as he replied, "Not so good. His fever's not going down at all. If he doesn't come out of this he might not make it." No, it can't be. Precht can't die. Not after he saved my life back in Hargeon. 

"No. Please don't die Precht! Not after you saved me back in Hargeon! Please I know you're still in there. What was it that treasure hunters always say, 'You should always be walking hand in hand with danger with no fear.', well where's the treasure hunter I know that would always help his friends no matter how dangerous? You might say I'm not a treasure hunter, but I've looked for so long, my treasure is right here, and it's more valuable than anything else, the friends I've made with Yuri, Warrod, and even you mean everything to me! So I can't let you die, no matter what, because the thing that I treasure most of all are the people closest to my heart, including you." I said to Precht's unconscious body, as I started to cry. I felt myself fall to my knees and started to cry against his flat chest as he lied there breathing very heavily due to fever.

All of a sudden I heard a very faint "Gomen...Gomen na'sai." It was Precht! He must be having a nightmare as he started to cry. I started to dry his tears as I heard him whimper and say "Gomen na'sai Mavis, Gomen na'sai, Gomen na'sai, Gomen na'sai," I had to wake him up from this nightmare, otherwise his fever will spike up even more. 

I yelled, "Precht, Precht, wake up!" He woke up gasping for air, looking all around him before settling his eyes on me. While catching his breath and settling down a little, the only thing he said to me was, "Mavis?" and then he passed out again. I checked his forehead to see if his fever had gone down, and to my surprised it had. "Precht, I've heard from Yuri and Warrod that you did a lot for your friends. I won't forget your courage. I'm sure you'll get better. Now just rest." I said to Precht before curling up next to him on the ground. It wasn't until I almost fell asleep that I felt two arms wrap around me. I opened my eyes to find Precht holding me close to him. I saw his face and smiled as he was smiling too. This was the first time I've ever seen him smile and I mean really smile. I couldn't help but to reach up and kiss his forehead right above his injured eye and whispered in his ear, "Sleep well, Precht." before falling asleep myself feeling him hold me even closer and tighter. He was content and I realized that I was too.