Kiss With a Fist [2] Empire

Picture of Milo on ze side------>

Chapter Two

The simple fact that my dad's boss came to see him personally was freaking me out. He was just sitting in the corner of the cafe, drinking his frozen hot chocolate without a care in the world. It's almost like he was completely ignoring half the customers who I'm almost positive had shit themselves when he walked in the door.

I was trying to stay calm, for fear if I said the wrong thing I would most likely die. But how exactly are you supposed to act when the very epitome of evil is sitting in your coffee shop, casually waiting for your father? I couldn't afford to be scared though. I had to act like this was nothing. I had to show him that just because he scares everyone else, I would not cave.

"Alec?" I jumped at the soft voice from behind me, and turned to see Sean standing there. I smiled, glad that he decided to come out of his room. Even if it was just down in the cafe below our flat, and not out on the street, it was still a major step for him.

I was proud.

"Hey buddy." I said to him, ruffling his hair. He made a whining sound and swatted my hand away. I laughed as he fixed his hair and turned back to the front to see Milo staring at me with stern eyes. What the fuck was his problem? I narrowed my eyes at him and he smirked, looking away and taking a sip of his drink.

"Who's that guy?" Sean asked, taking an apron from the coat stand beside the coffee maker and tying it around his waist.

"Uh, dad's boss." I answered quickly and changed the subject. "So wait. Are you gonna help out today?" He finished tying his apron and looked up at me.

"Yeah, I am. I'm doing no one any good by sitting in my room every day. Maybe that's why mom left." His voice trailed off at the end and I felt something in me snap at his words. I grabbed his chin and pulled it so he was looking me straight in the eyes.

"Sean. Mom left because she's a coward. It has nothing to do with you. Don't you dare beat yourself up over this; it is not your fault." I let go of his chin and pulled him into a hug. I felt his slender arms wrap around my waist and I kissed his hair. "It will never be your fault." I whispered to him.

I heard the bell above the door go off and looked up to see a girl with her friends walking in. My eyes then fell on Milo, and he was staring at me.

Again.

I scoffed, letting go of Sean. "Want to go serve them?" I asked him, gesturing towards the group of girls. He looked at them, then back at me.

"Yeah." He answered with a shaky nod. I smiled and ruffled his hair again chuckling as he whined in protest. I walked towards the back, listening to the orders of the girls and making them quickly. Sean came to meet me just as I was finishing up the last order.

"I can take those." he offered, but I shook my head, piling the drinks onto a tray.

"I got it. You worry about taking orders today, and tomorrow you can serve. How's that sound?" He nodded and I chuckled at how adorable he was. I hurried over to the girls tables, giving them their orders.

"Hey, you're cute." The blond one said in a seductive tone. I mentally rolled my eyes at them. Not again. I thought to myself. I get the fact that I look rugged, but clearly I am not interested.

"Indeed I am." I replied coldly. I didn't wait for a reply simply because I did not care, and turned on my heel. I started to make my way back to the counter when I saw Milo raise his hand up and motion for me to come over to him. I contemplated ignoring him and continuing on my merry way, but decided it would be best not to paint the walls of the shop with my blood.