Paris Jackson

"Mom I just don't want to go to school!" I said as loud as I could from the shower. She didn't respond so I suppose she just ignored me like she always does when she's getting ready for work. I then get out of the shower and walk to my room across the hall. Goosebumps appear on my body as I leave the warm water. I'm really nervous. It's going to be my first year in High School! I miss all of my friends that I had in eighth grade. And I have to say, eighth grade was one of the best years for me. It was the last year me and my friends would be together before we went to different high schools. At least I won't be so lonely today since me and my best friend Anne got into the same high school that I did! We are even in the same class an everything! I do wish to also see other familiar faces but something tells me that Anne's face will be the only one I will recognize.

" Joanna get your butt down here right now! You don't want to be late for your first year of high school do you?'

Ugh! Why is my mom taking me this early! I know it's a new school but it shouldn't be that hard to get around and I bet Anne isn't even leaving yet.

"Aw look who's going to their first year of high school! Here's a tip, don't talk to anyone and you won't have a problem." said my annoying older brother.

"I don't need any advice from you! Just because it's you second year of high school doesn't mean you can...." all of a sudden I lost my train of thought. "Huh, what was that?" He says with a smirk on his face.

The drive to my high school John Brown is silent. My mom opens her mouth as she tries to say something but nothing comes out. Is she as nervous about this as I am? She just gives me a happy yet worried smile as we approach the schools parking lot. We head into the main office and as I walk in this school is HUGE! I have no idea how I'm gonna get to all of my classes on time. I sit outside on a bench as I wait for my mom to come and hand me my scheduled. I lift my head up and see a girl running towards me with a bright smile.

"Hi!" she says as she approaches me. It's Anne! "Oh my gosh! Hey, haven't seen you since the last week of school! How are you?" I ask with a bright smile as I stand in front of my best friend. "Nothing much but now that I'm standing in front of the school I feel pretty nervous!" she says with a worried look on her face. "Yea me too!" I say.

My mom comes out and hands me my schedule. Anne and I switch to see what classes we have together. We have everything together! This could actually be a good day after all! "Hi miss Mira. Nice to see you again!"

Anne says as my mom comes near us. " Hi Anne! Look how beautiful you are! You two have grown so much! " She says with a smile.

"Sweetie why don't you take all those bracelets off you look like a hippie!" she tells me and Anne can't help but giggle. I frown and she gives me that you better say what I do or I will ground you look.

"But mom! I love these brackets! But ok I'll take them off except the Michael Jackson one he is my idol I need him... he will be my good luck charm for today!" I say.

"

"Ok fine. Only cause I know you can't live a day without listening to his music" she says with a slight smile. I hand her the rest of my bracelets and keep the one that says Michael Jackson on it all in bold. This one cost me almost a weeks allowance but it was totally worth it! I love Michael Jackson!

"Billie jeans not my lover..." sang Anne as we got into the building. I turned around and gave my mom a wave goodbye as she got in the car to go to work. I wish she would have given me some advice or a good pep talk.

"Excuse me?" said an unfamiliar voice. I turn around and a girl around my same age is behind me. Anne looks as confused as I am. "Umm do you know where the main office is?" She asks. Her face seems familiar but I can't seem to solve the puzzle. "um yea it's two doors down on your right." I said. "Thanks." She says and pulls her hoodie over her hair an walks towards the main office. "do you know her?" Asks Anne. "No but she seems familiar. I swear I've seen her before somewhere..... I just don't remember where." I say in my confused state. "Well ok. Come on let's go to our first class it's room 203 and based on the school map we aren't that far" says Anne.