The Death of Light

▶Chelsea◀

Have you ever had to wait for people to start doing a project, eventhough you can do it on your own without breaking a sweat? Well, that's exactly what I'm feeling right now. I can forgive Jen; she's busy with the truckloads of homework that she should have done during the last semester break. She's barely had any time outside, enjoying the sun at all. Poor lass.

Andy, on the other hand, has no excuse at all. The guy shared his entire schedule for today (for some reason), and, according to it, he should be free by 2 p.m., which is 20 minutes ago. I should have thought better. Boys and punctuality don't mix.

"Hey, Chel!"

Well, speak of the devil...

"Hey yourself, Andy!" I snapped at him. "You were supposed to be here twenty..." I looked at my watch to recheck the time. "... twenty-two minutes ago!"

"Jeez, can you relax?" he started, his calmness only infuriating me even more. "I was at the gym. Apparently, Art's going to..." I punched him in the gut before he finished his sentence. "Ow! What the hell, Chelsea?"

"There you go again with Art," I was struggling to refrain myself from smacking him again. In the end, I just grabbed his shirt collar with both hands. "I. Don't. Have. A. Crush. On. Him. Idiot," I said to him, syllable by syllable so he could understand. Imagine how angry I was when he started smirking.

"You know, denying it won't help," he said. "Now, let go before people start thinking that you're gonna kiss me,"

Okay. Fine. This guy is starting to make me lose my cool, but that's fine. He'll get it back from me. Someday.

"Idiot," I said to him as I let go of his shirt collar. "And don't even think about getting a kiss from anyone,"

"I don't know. My mom knows how to kiss me in the cheek and really good," he stated plainly with that annoying smirk on his face.

"Yeah, a kiss on the cheek is all you're gonna get,"
"Really? Okay, lay one on me, then," he readied his cheek. I'm readying my fist, but thought better of it.

"Uhh, punching you isn't even worth it. Besides, I'd rather kiss..."
"Art?" he cut off my sentence while laughing like a little kid.

Okay. That's it. That guy is gonna get it. I swung my fist, but all I caught was air. He's fast, I'll give him that.

"Wow, you punch like a baby!" he mocked while laughing and running away at the same time.

"Come back here, A-hole!!" I managed to scream as I gave chase.

"GUYS!"

Uh-oh...

"What did I tell you two earlier today?!" Jen snapped, clearly angry, but quickly subsided. "Uhh, nevermind. At least tell me you guys are ready to begin,"

"Of course we are, Jenny," Andy replied nonchalantly, which is not easing my nerves one bit. "Where do you wanna do it?"

"Is the computer room accessable?" I asked to both of them. "There are a lot of things we need in this project that are not available in the library,"

"How would you know that?" Andy asked while raising an eyebrow.

"I'm the school's librarian, dummy," I replied while rolling my eyes. "So, is it open?"

"It should be," Jen said. "It's a school day. So, we meet there at..."

"Nope," I answered her, causing confused looks from both of them. "We go there NOW,"

"Oh, okay, I guess," she said.

"No need to be so bossy, you know," Andy said to my face. I nudged him away so I can get my stuff from the locker. I was already pissed off, and I didn't want anymore delays to this project. The sooner I'm away from this guy, the better.