Chapter 1: Black Suit

People were scattered all around the funeral; around the purple and white lilies, it was Anne's favourite, probably how she would have wanted it to be. She told Harry, when asked about death, that she didn't want a funeral for people to cry on, she wanted a funeral for people to think of all the happiness they shared with her. The smiles and laughters.

"She told me she didn't want the last time people see her to be in a casket" A gentle voice ran through Harry's ears as he fiddled with his ring.

"Then we won't be opening the casket for anyone else apart from us. We'll go last, if that's okay with you" Harry replied, softly.

"You don't want to greet the guests?" Asked Jay.

"Greet them for what?", asked Harry, firmly. "Oh hi, thanks for coming and saying how sorry you are when you never really knew any of them." Harry added in a different tone of voice.

"I'm sorry" murmured Jay.

Harry let out a long breath, "No, I'm sorry, Jay. I shouldn't have said that. You're here for me and I'm- I'm sorry".

"It's alright, Harry. No need to apologise, it was a stupid question" Jay placed her arm around Harry, "Don't you think I'm here because I had to, okay? Your mother was like a sister to me, we're no stranger, we're family, okay? I'll always be here for you. I've seen you since you were the size of a pup"

Harry let out a soft laugh, "Thank you".

The younger boy looked over to where his mother laid; in a white casket surrounded by tall white fences with flowers intertwining them tight. It might have been too much for a funeral but it was for his mother. And Gemma too. Robin too. They deserved a nice place to be sent to the other world; perhaps a better, cleaner place where no one gets hurt.

---

"Goodbye." Harry took in a deep breath as he looked up into the sky trying to hold the tears in his emerald eyes. "I love you" The lily in the boy's hand found it's way next to his mother before the casket was pulled close. Harry placed his hand on the casket as he stared onto the ground, unable to move. And that was it, he dropped himself onto the floor and wept like a child. Hoping that, maybe, just maybe, with enough luck, they'll bring back his mother, his sister and Robin. The people he loved dearest.

"Harry" Jay let out as she walked over to Harry from afar. "Harry, dear"

"They're gone. I didn't even get to see Gemma" Harry sobbed.

"Listen, Harry. Even if it feels like they're not here anymore, they are. I promise you that. They'll be in your heart. They'll be up there, looking down at you. Smiling at your every accomplishment and being right beside you when you feel like the world is going against you. They're going nowhere" Jay reassured the curly boy.

"How am I suppose to live? Carry on anything? Wake up every day and go to work normally? Eat? Sleep?" sniffled Harry.

"You're living with us," said Jay, firmly as the thought came through her head.

"What?" The boy looked up. "B-But?"

"The last thing Anne said to me was to take care of her boy and that's what I'm going to do," said Jay as she placed her hand upon Harry's head, trying to comfort him.

"Y-Yeah but you have a f-family and I have a house a-and-" Harry began

"No ands and buts, in times like this how can I leave you alone? Anne said so herself to take care of you. I know you're an adult now but that doesn't mean I can just leave my best friend's son alone in the time of needs" Jay interrupted.

"A-Are you sure?" Asked Harry.

"Yes, one hundred percent. You can stay with us as long as you want but until you're okay again, you're staying with me, is that clear?" said Jay, "We have plenty of room for you, don't you worry"

"Y-Your family won't m-mind?" Harry began with another question, feeling anxious.

"Not at all, Anne was like a sister to me, they can be your brother and sisters" Jay smiled, reassuring Harry once again.

"Thank you. So much" said Harry, sincerely, "I promise I won't make it difficult for you"

"Oh stop it you, we're family from now on, okay?" said Jay, her lips still curved into a soft smile.

"Always" smiled Harry with trails of tears down his cheeks as he wipes them away.