Court Date

...Monday, May 8th...

Keisha "Mom idk of I could do this."

Mrs. Carter "Do what baby?"

Keisha "This whole court thing. I mean what if the baby is his?"

Mrs. Carter "Well you need to figure out if you will stay if it is and if you think that Trey has learned his lesson and won't do such a thing again."

Keisha "And that's what I'm scared of, not knowing if this will ever happen again." I said laying my head in her lap as she sat next to me on my bed. "Mom, I have something to tell you. Trey doesn't know yet, neither does anyone else, so please promise me you won't say anything."

Mrs. Carter "What is it honey? You know you could tell me anything. I promise I won't say a word."

Keisha "..." I rose my head up off of her lap and sat up. I dried my eyes and got off the bed and stood in front of her. "Mom I'm pregnant." I said breaking down.

Mrs. Carter "Oh honey..." She said as she felt my pain. I can tell from the concern in her eyes.

Keisha "I'm pregnant and I never thought that I'd ever think of not keeping it, but mom if her baby is Trey's I'm having an abortion and filing for divorce. I don't think that I could bring another child into this world and take care of three by myself."

Mrs. Carter "Keisha! What nonsense talk is that? Now you know whether you choose to stay or not Trey is a good father and will help you with all three of those babies. Don't let this situation blind you. You shouldn't do such a thing."

Keisha "Mom I don't want to, but I'm sick. I can't take this anymore. I can't eat, I can't sleep. I love Trey and I know he wants a third child, but if her baby is his then he won't need another from me."

Mrs. Carter "Keisha! Just listen to yourself. Honey this is not you. I didn't raise you this way. I didn't raise you to hate or not forgive. I raised you to love. Their mistake wasn't yours, so you shouldn't have to pay for it and turn into a cold hearted person. That's not good for anyone of us. Also don't forget that you make mistakes too."

Keisha "I'm sorry mom, but I think my mind is already made up." I wiped my eyes then picked up my black Chanel purse and walked out the room.

As I walked down the hall I saw Draya coming out of the guest room.

Draya "What's up babe? You ready?"

Keisha "As ready as I'll ever be." I said putting on my shades.

Draya "I just want you to know that I got your back no matter what." She stopped me from moving and turned me towards her.

Keisha "Thank you. And I really appreciate you." I said pulling her in for a hug. "Let's go."

I walked downstairs, kissed our kids, hugged Ms. April then walked to the door. I turned back and saw my mom standing on the steps looking all disappointed in me and worried all at the same time. I walked over to her and she wrapped me in her arms and I did the same.

Keisha "I'm sorry."

Ms. April "It's ok baby, you've got a lot on your plate. Take care of one thing at a time. Now go before you make him late."

Keisha "Ok. I love you."

Mrs. Carter "I love you too."

I let go and walked out the house to meet Trey, his lawyer, Dave, Forrest and Draya all waiting for me outside the Mercedes Sprinter van.

Trey "Yo! Y'all can get in, I'm bout to talk to shawty for a min." He said to them, then met me half way. "Keisha can we talk?"

Keisha "Sure."