Chapter 4 ~ Day One

Chapter 4 ~ Day One

I woke up to the smell of fruit, my stomach rumbled even when I didn't open my eyes. Finally with my mouth watering I opened my eyes and saw a bowl of fruit, with fresh strawberries the culprit of the amazing smell. The bowl was exactly just out of my reach and no matter how I tried to stretch or squirm over; I couldn't do it with my hands bonded to the wall.

I could sense that man in black watching me, I just knew it. He enjoyed watching struggle. But when I looked up, the man in white from yesterday still sat in his suit but at a table and looked down, pitying me.

I scowled up at him. "What are you doing?"

"Guarding you." He replied simply, no emotion in his voice.

"And this? This is to tease me?" I snarled motioning to the bowl.

"I don't want to do this Andy, but I have my own family to care for that Mr. Black has threatened. I am on strict orders."

"To be this cruel to another human being? To steal him away from his own family? That's cowardly and just plain wicked. You must have a messed up heart to do this." I said snottily and leaned back against the wall, my body still aching form the beat-down yesterday.

His jaw clenched. But the man came forward and slid the bowl towards me and began forcing the fruit into my mouth, not cruelly but he was actually feeding me because my arms were chained above my head. Apparently what I had said got through to him.

Deep inside I knew I would be doing what he was if someone threatened to kill Juliet or my family. I pitied him and after he fed me some of the fruit and moved it back he exited the room, I hoped the best for him and his family.

Soon though when I was sleepy Mr. Black came in and browsed the wall of cruel, blood covered tools, as if planning what would be the most painful for day one. I gulped and watched him, my hands began trembling.

Mr. Black pulled down a quiver of arrows and a bow. My eyes widened as he approached me, taking one of the arrows out and loading the bow.

"Day one, Biersack." He cackled and pulled the string back.

-

Thirty-seven arrows. Thirty-seven arrows were shot at me, most missed, a lot nicked me, and now I had a few in my arm, one really deep in my calf. I screamed and writhed.

After he was done watching me leave Mr. Black had left me again.

I was sweating, the room was hot and after thinking a few minutes I had a brilliant idea. I tried pulling my slick hands out of the iron cuffs, one slipped out but the other remained stuck. I slowly got up, favoring my leg with the arrow painfully in it and kept it off the ground, trying not to move it. I took some of my own gushing blood and put it around my hand, making it slicker, soon lots of blood later, my hand slipped out. I was free.

I limped over to the chair where the man in white was earlier and snatched the bowl of soft fruit. I pulled out the couple arrows with a lot of pain and inner strength. When the last arrow -the deepest- was left I was shaking violently, losing a lot of blood and feeling dizzy.

Putting my clammy hands on the shaft of the arrow I tried pulling it but cried out in pain as screaming pain hit me hard, even with the slightest movement. I decided much later when I was full-out trembling that I couldn't pull it out, and gave up. I lay slumped in the chair and ate the fruit that was left, savoring small bites, and trying to keep some for later, I knew I wouldn't be fed.

In the darkness of the room now I knew it was night, and a flashing red light showed me where the video camera sat watching my every movement. I only just sat thinking once more of my brothers, and Juliet.

How were they going to find me?

And that horrid other question popping up in my head.

What was day 2 doing to bring?