Nice Try

Nicole Pov

I spit blood as I stumble through the darkness, tripping over constantly as my legs cave in from the pain, I had woken up in a pool of blood, I can't believe this shit, those bastards tried to get rid off me!. I wonder how long I've been unconscious for, I could barely breath as I collapsed on my hands and knees "where the hell am I?" I ask myself as I try to pick up a scent.

I groan falling onto my side an lay there in the dirt as it starts to rain, the dried blood was washed off an I could now see a few gashes and claw marks but nothing fatal, that is unless I die of blood loss. I grit my teeth an force myself up, it felt like hours until I reach a small town and went to the local hospital, I know wolves aren't supposed too but I need to get stitched up if I'm going to make it back home, back to Cameron.

They insisted that I stay in intensive care for a few days but I snuck out after stealing some food from a tray that was meant for an old lady, oh well. I scoff the food an scull a water bottle as I start my journey home, I kept hidden in the darkness of the night so no one see's my blood drenched clothes, I should probably change haha.

I find a clothes store that was already closed, I kick open the back door breaking the lock with some of my werewolf strength, I'm still very weak. I find a bathroom in the back room an grab a clothe, I quickly wipe my face, neck & arms before I take off the bloody clothes an changed into grey sweatpants, a long sleeved shirt, a jacket, new sneakers and a beanie.

I left through the back door just as I hear police sirens, I run not knowing where I was or how to get home....

***********

3 Weeks Later:

I reach my pack house just in time to see Alpha Jarvis, Nate & the other Alphas telling my entire pack that it was time to choose a new Alpha, everyone was standing in front of the pack house as the Alpha's stand on the front porch, I felt my heart ache when I see Cameron standing in the crowd glaring hatefully at Nate, he had dark bags underneath his eyes and looked very pale.

"I know that during this difficult time it won't be easy to simply choose a new Alpha, especially one as respected as Nicole once was" Alpha Joseph says looking quite emotional, I was currently hiding on a branch of a nearby tree "we have decided that Alpha Nate will take over this pack" Alpha Jarvis says in a stern tone as I see a smirk grow on Nate's face as some of the pack members yell outrageous things about how they don't want him haha.

I jump down "to hell he is" I growl angrily, most people gasp as I limp out of hiding "Nicole?!, what happened?" Alpha Joseph demands as he and Cameron ran towards me "your supposed to be dead" Alpha Jarvis says glaring at me "nice try, asshole, but you gotta try a lot harder to kill me" I snarl viciously as Cameron wraps his arms around me.

"You traitor!, how could you betray a fellow Alpha" Alpha Miller says as two of my pack warriors grab Alpha Jarvis "Nathan, he forced me too" He yells as he was taken away, two others try to get Nate but it was too late, he ran for it, they chase him as Cameron helps me onto the porch "I can only imagine the chaos that's happened during my absence, if anyone thinks I am not capable of being your Alpha anymore, I wouldn't blame you, but just know as long as I'm here no harm will come to any of you, I will listen and allow you all to have a voice, can I just say its good to be home" I said in a loud & clear voice, they all clap and no one said anything negative.

I was taken to the pack doctor to quickly make sure I was alright, I walk out of the infirmary "hey, come here" I said pulling Cameron into my arms "I missed you so much" He murmurs holding me tightly "I missed you more" I murmur back....