Chapter Twelve: Love is Love

It was around 12pm, when they arrived back at the deck. They noticed Charlie was making an announcement.

"Oh God...what now?" Dominique asked, with a bad feeling.

Charlie's voice slowly faded in as the teens approached him. "It's a good thing. It's an opportunity."

Azer saw Sam in the crowd and decided to approach him. "Sam!"

Sam looked over, but he immediately fled the scene. Azer paused and wondered why he had just run off like that.

Liv got a hold of one of the teen's attention. "Hey, what is Charlie talking about?"

"Oh, well apparently the trip's been extended to a full week--not just a weekend." The teen answered.

"What? I-" Liv yelled in anger, but stopped herself due to the way the teen looked at her. "Excuse me." She walked away.

Bryon bumped into Liv as they both spoke at the same time.

"Did you hea--" they both blurted out.

Liv sighed. "I don't know how to feel about this. It feels..."

"Sketchy..." Bryon finished her sentence.

Liv looked over her right shoulder. The ocean was sparkling. "I just wish I could go away. I mean on an actual vacation. This never felt like a better time. That was until we got dragged into--" She sighed.

Bryon stepped closer, turning his head to the ocean. "Maybe this is what he wants..."

"Who? The mummy?" Liv spat.

"Yea. I mean...it was like Mitchy said. If the killer wanted us dead, we wouldn't be here right now. We can't give him all the power. Are we actually going to let him take away our youth?" Bryon sighed, letting out a chuckle. "I don't want to look back in ten years and regret not having taken those chances I had to better myself in life." Bryon's eyes puffed up.

Liv sympathetically reached for Bryon's hand. "We'll figure this out. I promise."

Bryon's eyes slowly panned up at Liv as he admired her kindness. The way the breeze brushed Liv's golden hair; you could already feel how soft it was. It smelled good too.

Dominique approached them, with Pierre right behind her. "Hey." She panted. "Looks like Sir Charlie finally found a way to keep us on this stupid cruise."

Bryon bit his bottom lip and rolled his eyes. He felt like his moment with Liv was ruined and he would never have it again.

"Listen you guys..." Pierre said, placing his hand out. "We have to find this killer. Now!" He exclaimed.

"Why? What's going on?" Liv tried not to panic.

Pierre froze.

Dominique saw the fear in his eyes and slowly gripped his hand. She then turned over to the teens. "Pierre got a note too."

Liv's eyes dilated. She knew not to ask what the note was, considering how upset Pierre was. "What are we gonna do? We can't go to anyone about this, without putting them in danger."

Dominique flipped her hair out of her face, wrapping her hand around Pierre's arm. "We need to be careful who we trust."

Azer joined the circle, looking worried. "Have you guys seen Sam? I lost him. He totally ditched me just now."

Liv sighed. "Azer."

Azer turned, noticing the fear in her tone. "What's happening?"

They all turned to Azer as Liv stepped forward. "You need to leave Sam."