Chapter 26: Izzy's Date

{Isabella}

When Friday came, I kept my hair down and clipped the other side of my hair with a bow clip, letting my side bangs hang loose. I slipped into the knee length blue dress that Ginger had given me for my nineteenth birthday.

Just as I found my golden sandals, the doorbell rang and Pinky started barking.

"Coming!" I called.

Since Mamà and Papà were visiting friends in the next city over, I ran down the stairs with my shoes in hand.

"Hello! I thought you said you be here at-" I stopped when I looked up from strapping my shoes on.

"Phineas?" I asked.
"Can I come in?" He asked.
"Oh, sure." I opened the door wider for him and then closed it.

He walked inside but stayed by the door.

"Uh, did you want something to drink?" I asked.
"No, it's fine." He looked down at his feet and I felt the need to say something but I couldn't think of anything.

"Can we talk?" He asked after a while.
I sighed, glad for a conversation. "Sure." I said and led him to the living room.

I sat down on couch and he down across from me on the love seat.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" I asked.
"I...I heard you were going on a date with Django." He muttered.
"Oh...you...you heard about that?" I blushed.
"Yea...so you're really going on a date with him?" He asked.
"Yes, yes I am." I answered.
"...ok, sorry, I was just wondering." Then he laughed lightly. "This was dumb, I should've just texted you."
"Oh, no, it-it's fine. Are you leaving now?" I asked.
He stood up. "Yea. I'll see myself out. See ya, Isabella. Hope you have fun."

I watched him leave and then I heard the door close. I sighed and slumped down in the couch.

There was a knock at the door and I opened it to find Django. He was just wearing an orange shirt and red pants but that was ok. I wasn't picky.

"Wow, Isabella, you look great. Uh, now I feel underdressed." He laughed.
"Oh, sorry, shall I change?" I asked.
"No, no! It's fine! You look good." He smiled.
"Thanks!"

We stood there and just smiled at each for a while. It was actually pretty nice. I never noticed how pretty Django's eyes were.

"Um, shall we go?" He asked.
"Oh! Yes, sorry." I smiled nervously.

He led me to his red Toyota truck and held the door open for me.

For the next two hours, we sat in the theater and sang the 'Beak' theme song along to the movie and shouted at the screen when there was a fighting scene.

"Did you see his face when Poopoocaca stole his girlfriend and he had to choose between saving her or saving a group of elderly from the crashing train? That was so sad!" I exclaimed.
"I liked when he beat him up while Izamene." Django blushed.
I smirked. "I didn't think you had a soft spot."
"Yea, well, uh, do you find it funny that Beak's girlfriend is named Izamene? That's almost like Isabella." He laughed.
I smiled sadly. "Kinda ironic, huh?"
"Do you wonder what Danville would be like if the Beak was real?" He asked.
I looked away nervously. "Y-Yes, sometimes..."

He stopped in front of the car. "Hey...are you ok?"
"Yea, sorry, I'm fine." I said.
He took my hand. "Are you sure? You seem a bit sad. Did...did you not like the movie?"
I shook my head. "No, I loved it!"
"Hey, wanna go somewhere? I mean, if you don't have anything to do?" He asked after a moment.
I smiled. "Yes."

We got inside the car and I waited for him to start driving. When he didn't, I looked over to find him holding a blindfold.

"Um, what's that?" I asked.
"A blindfold!" He said.
"Ok, but what's it for?" I asked.
"Oh, yea! Put it on!" He said.
"What? Why?" I asked.
He smiled. "It's a surprise."
I sighed playfully. "Fine."

I took the blindfold and tied it over my hair. As we started driving, I got nervous as it seemed that the noise of the city seemed to be leaving.

"Where are we going?" I asked.
"Don't worry. It's a surprise!" He replied.
"Django..." I said cautiously.
"Don't worry, Isabella. I won't hurt you." He said.
"Promise?" I asked.
"Promise. You'll like it." He answered.

After what seemed like hours of driving, he stopped.

"Can I take these off?" I asked.
"Oh, yea, sure!" He exclaimed.

I pulled the blindfold off expecting something spectacular or romantic but instead, it was just a field with a few trees of flowers.

"Uh, Django? Not to sound rude, but...its just a field." I said.
He laughed. "Get out. I wanna show you something."

I got out of the car and followed him into the field.

"Stay still." He ordered.
"Django-"

I stopped when I saw a small bug land on my nose. I was about to scream but he put his hand over my mouth.

"Shh." He said.

I waited and then watched as it lit up. He took his hand away.

"A firefly." I whispered.

It flew away as I moved.

Django laughed. "There's an old legend that if you catch a firefly and then wish on it under a full moon, your wish will come true."

I thought about what Ferb said about my One True Wish and then shook it away. I gave up that wish when I decided to give up on Phineas.

"Hey, watch this." Django said.

He started running through the field and I watched in awe as a trail of fireflies lit up behind him. I laughed and started running towards him. As I looked back, I smiled at my own trail of lit fireflies.

I fell back into the soft grass beside Django and laughed in delight as the fireflies provided light to the sky and the moon.

"Isabella, I really enjoyed tonight." Django whispered as he held my hand.
I smiled. "I did, too. Thank you."

Suddenly, he blushed and turned so that he was facing you.

"Can I ask you a question?" He asked
"Shoot." I shrugged.
"Are you...are you still into Phineas?" He asked.
I gulped. "Phineas? Um...y...no. I'm not."
"Really? B-Because I've liked you for a long time. Uh, since we were kids but I didn't want to mess up anything between you and Phineas. But now that you're not into him, I was wondering if...if I...if you..."

I smiled as he blushed and flustered. I leaned over and pecked his cheek.

"Yes, yes I will." I smiled.
"Wha? Really? You'll be my girlfriend?" He asked.
I giggled. "Yes. Besides, you're pretty cute."
He laughed. "Thanks. I think you're pretty cute, too."

I felt confident and comfortable with him. Unlike with Phineas, I felt like I could actually tell him how I feel without worrying about anything. In fact, I felt confident enough that I wanted to kiss him.

Just as I was about to that, I heard voices. We sat up and scooted away, blushing madly.

"Isabella? Is that you?" I made out Ferb's tall figure and then gaped as I saw Phineas appear.
"Um, Ferb. Hey." I stood up and brushed the grass from my dress.
Phineas glared at Django. "What are you guys doing here?"
Django smiled at Phineas. "We're on a date."
"So what are you guys doing here?" I asked.
Phineas was still glaring at Django so Ferb answered. "We're here for Phineas."
"What?" I asked.
Phineas finally looked up at me, very hurt, and Ferb was gaping at me. "You don't remember?"
"Remember...what?" I asked.
"It's Phineas' birthday."

Hey guys! I don't know when I'll be able to update for lack of wifi but I'm trying lol

Also, I want to thank you guys for reading, commenting, and voting! I love seeing those when I'm feeling down or I don't have inspiration for my writing. Also, we've got 50 followers^.^ I know that doesn't seem like much but I appreciate that 50 people like my writing enough to follow me so thanks!