Chapter 1

The weather is cool. The soft touch of the tiny particle that had touch Yoorin's face made her shiver. She's outside her condo, walking in circles as she think of what should happen in the next chapter of her book. She don't want to be the center of attraction that's why the author's name imprinted on her books is just a self-made name, HyoChan.

As she sat on the nearby bench, she exhaled heavily. Then wondered, Why am I alone in this world? She never had friends. She didn't feel like having one. Not because she is arrogant, but because she is intimidated and afraid. She's afraid to be rejected. So instead, she sighed. She don't even know why she's alone. Why she don't have her family with her. Where are they? Are they dead? But what lingered on her head for too long was, Am I still alive?

Freezing by the cold temperature in Korea, she decided to go to a coffee shop. As she went inside, people stared at her as if she had just grown three heads. But she was used to it. She was used to people staring and looking at her, shaking their heads, eyes down strong on Yoorin. She just looked down on the floor, her feet still dragging her to the counter.

The old lady, maybe in her late 50's smile at her saying, "What can I do for you, child?" Yoorin, not sure what to respond, "Uh please give me cup of tea." The old lady smiled again, "Is that all?" Yoorin just nodded and found herself sitting on an empty table.

She looked outside the window. Her gaze was in a little kid buying an ice cream. Yoorin looked at her. The kid was happy. Yoorin thought about how was she when she was a kid. Was she playful? Was she hard-headed? Or was she lonely? Her thoughts were interrupted when the old lady handed her the cup of tea she asked for. "Kamsahamnida", she whispered.

Millions of times, Yoorin is just like this. Alone. She eats alone, walks alone, sleeps alone, she's always alone. After that incident, she's nothing. She's a burden to her own self. Yoorin looked at the empty cup in her hand, just like her, it's empty. It will only be filled when someone voluntarily fill it him or herslef. Yoorin wish someone would do that for her. She wish that someone would fill her emptiness. "Empty" she mumbled. Then a bright light appeared on her head.

Emptiness. That's how my book should go.

Drowning in her own self, she hurriedly rushed back to her condo, ignoring the cold snow brushing her soft and pale cheeks.

•••

"Whew" she sighed. She's almost finished with her book. She read the last lines she wrote.

"I was there, Donna." Chris said, tears betraying his eyes. Donna looked shocked at what Chris said. Without a second thought, Donna replied, "I did not see you."

Chris looked taken aback then he cried, "I was there. But you chose not to see me."

Yoorin lied on her bed. "Donna, you are lucky. You have Chris. But why are you like that? Why did you not want him? Wae?" She mumbled to herself.

Minutes later, someone knocked into Yoorin's door. She opened it and looked to see who it was. And it was the delivery man. "Are you Ms. Kim Yoorin?"

"Ne. Why?" Yoorin asked, her eyes traveling to the letter on the delivery man's hands. "This letter is for you", the man noted handing her the letter. She took it and thanked the man. As soon as she closed the door, she inspected the letter to see from whom it was.

To: Kim Yoorin
From: Kim Taehyung

She held the letter on her trembling hands. Who is this guy? She never had a contact with anyone. She doesn't know anyone in particular. Except the maintainance cleaner of her condo, the lady that brings her food and her assistant whom she don't consider as friends.

She ripped the letter open. And slowly, she read it.

Dear Yoorin-ssi,

         Annyeonghaseyo. Naneun Kim Taehyung-imnida. I have something important to tell you. Please come over so that we can have a talk. It is very important. It's about your past.

Let's meet each other at the Byung Coffee Shop, 2 PM. Thank you and see you soon. 

-K. Taehyung

Kim Taehyung. Why does that name sound so famillar to Yoorin? She doesn't know. And whatever does that guy have against her past, she's willing to risk for it.

Her tired body fell lump on her bed. Little by little, her eyes began to feel heavy and without her knowing, they were closed. And that, Yoorin drifted to her sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello :) I just wanted to thank you for reading this story. I promise YÖU, I will update again tomorrow. Have a great day ahead!

That picture ↑ is a picture of what Yoorin brings when she's out. That notebook is for her ideas and ofc her phone.