Chapter 3

From: Unknown
Hello. Are you okay now?

Yoorin read the message on her phone. It was from an unknown number. What? She thought. She haven't given someone her phone number except only for those important matters. She just ignored the text and went on changing her clothes. After that, she grabbed a plastic bottle in her table and slid it into her pouch.

Because of the loneliness in her condo, she went out for a walk. Nothing changed. It was still cold outside. She walked on to a nearby swing and accompanied herself.

"Mommy, I'm excited to go to school!"

Yoorin heard a little girl's voice in her head. She closed her eyes. She tried to look further to see who was talking. But to no avail, she just can't. Yoorin collapsed on the ground, gasping for air. She clenched her fists because of the burning sensation in her heart.

Here it goes again, she thought. Why can't this damn disease just go? Why does it have to be her when no one's beside her to help and care for her? She had no one. No one to run to. No one to cry to. No one to live with.

She took the plastic bottle in her pouch. Hands trembling, she picked two pills and swallowed it.

That's how Yoorin's life goes. You see, no one's there to help her get through it. The only person that helps Yoorin is Yoorin herself.

She moved her hands from her chest to her head, covering her whole face. Tears escaping her eyes, she sobbed, "Let me die."

"I can't", someone said out of the blue. Yoorin shot herself up. Her eyes widened at the figure sitting infront of her. "W-who are you?", Yoorin stammered.

Not sure what to respond, the figure infront of her said, "I'm the guy from yesterday." Yoorin, wiping away her tears shyly said, "The one who bumped into me" The boy deadpanned but chuckled at Yoorin's shyness. "Yeah, that guy." The boy said, offering his hands to help Yoorin up.

Yoorin gently accept it, her weight being pulled by the kind boy infront of her. "Why are you here? What happened? Why are you crying?" The boy asked worriedly. Yoorin was somewhat annoyed at him for asking so many questions. Sighing she bloated, "Maybe next time, Ahjussi."

"Wait, do I look like an Ahjussi to you?", the boy cried. Yoorin bowed her head politely, "Mianhamnida. I thought you were-" But the boy cut her off. "It's fine. By the way, I'm Jeon Jungkook."

Yoorin raised her eyebrows, a part of her was surprised and a part of her was confused. "Hi. I'm Yoorin", she said quietly. Does this mean she's making friends? Is this a part of becoming human? Is this how normal people act? She don't know what to do and what to feel.

"Are you okay?", Jungkook asked. Yoorin put up a shy smile, "I think so." Jungkook laughed, "What kind of answer is that?"

"Mianhe." Jungkook looked at Yoorin and thought, Why is she this shy? He stared at her eyes and said, "Do you want to hang out? In that way, you can relieve whatever stress you have in there." Yoorin doesn't know what to say that's why she just smiled and replied with a nod.

"Then let's go watch some movie! Is that alright with you?", Jungkook hyperactively suggested. That made Yoorin giggle. She never felt this excitement in her life. "Yeah."

A part of her says that it's wierd going out with someone she just met and barely knew. But a part of her says that she needs to feel human too.

•••

"That was awesome!" Jungkook laughed. "Yeah, I know." Yoorin shyly replied. "Yoorin-ah, don't be shy around me, okay?"

"Ne.", She replied looking down. She isn't used to looking at people's eyes. She feels uncomfortable and odd with people. It's like she don't belong with them. And she never will.

"Jeon Jungkook!" Yoorin heard someone scream. She and Jungkook turned around to see who it was. And surprisingly, it was a girl wearing a pink cocktail dress, her hair waves as she run towards them.

By the time the girl was infront of them, the girl raised her hands and said, "Jeon Jungkook, why are you here?" The girl looked at Yoorin, inspecting her from top to bottom then continued, "And who is she? Is she the new one?"

Yoorin didn't know what to do. She was placed stiff, looking confused at what is happening infront of her. The scene went on as the girl shouted again, "I said, who is she?!" Jungkook seemed shock at the confrontation of the girl. "I thought, I said we're done." Jungkook noted irritatingly. The shout-girl looked stunned at what Jungkook just said so she replied, "What the hell? So, she really is the new one?"

Jungkook having enough of this, pulled Yoorin's hand and lead her to the exit. Jungkook let go of her hand and apologized, "Hey, I'm sorry for that. She's my you know."

"Ex?", Yoorin finished for him. He just nodded, "Yoorin, I really need to go home. I'll just see you again next time, yeah?" Yoorin seemed disappointed but smiled, "Sure. I'll see you then, Jungkook-ssi."

"You know you can call me oppa, right?", Jungkook questioned, hand travelling behind his neck. Yoorin held her gaze to the ground, her cheeks heating up. "Nah, I was kidding." That made Yoorin sigh in relief. Why would Jungkook want to make her call him that? She thought. "Well then, see you soon!" Jungkook bid his goodbyes.

Yoorin just smiled. Watching her friend's back made her smile. She's feeling much better now. She looked at up. The pitch black sky filled with shining and glittering tiny little stars made her wonder, Is this the beginning? Is this how it feels to be happy?

Yoorin went home to get some rest after that whole day-hang out with Jungkook - her first friend.