Gone

Grace's P.O.V

Despair washed over me. I couldn't stand it, it wasn't fair. First my dad then my mum. Why? I asked God. Why? I looked at my mum her face white and cold, her breathing stalled forever. I hugged her my throat constricting as the tears I had been trying to hold back broke free. Tears ran down my face like small waterfalls. They had both died one after another. My scars had barely healed and now they were fresh again

Flashback

The coffin got carried out ever so slowly. I wished they would just hurry up I had no wish to see him again. I remembered him screaming in agony after the war, all the terrible memories coming back. He couldn't stand it, it reminded him of his failures and wrongdoings mother said. I remembered him screaming at me then grabbing the knife on the table and killing himself. I remember the light leaving his eyes and his breathing ceased. I had seen him die with my very own eyes and the memory would never leave. The coffin finally left and mother and I collapsed into each other, we were each other's comfort and pillow to cry on.

***

Now she was gone and I was left alone in the world, its walls closing in on me trapping me till I felt like I couldn't breathe. Everyone was there but I felt like I was the only person in the world. The Brown family came in but I did not notice, the walls were crashing down around me and no one could stop them. Mumbled voices broke through my sound wall and I heard

"Leave her alone"

"Give her some time"

They filed out of the room and the walls seemed to recede but the world was a mess and I still felt like I was the only one. I climbed into mother's bed and snuggled into her shaking my body racked with tears. Suddenly I felt a hand on my back and Simons soothing tones.

Simon's P.O.V

I flew in through the door and looked around the room for Grace. I saw her mum in her deathly trance and realised how crushed Grace must be. I knew how heartbroken she had been when her father had died. My eyes widen as I see a little tremble under the blankets. I rush to them and pull them of. Grace is cowering hugging her mother's body. Tears have become one with her face and she looks up at me with her big innocent soulful eyes.

"Simon go away" sobs at me then grabs me and pulls me into a big hug

"Shh, it's ok" I whispered

"No! She's dead. It's all my fault again. I could have fixed her she could have gotten a better doctor. THEY KILLED HER. I KILLED HER. she screamed than burst into a new batch of tears.

"You didn't kill her Grace. It wasn't your fault."

"Yes it was, yes it was" she sobs than falls asleep in my arms. Gently I pick her up and put her into her bed. I pull up the covers and kiss her forehead.

"Sleep tight my princess, I'll be right here" I sit on the chair next to her and fall asleep only to find her in my dreams.

Remember to comment and vote it means the world to me

Any suggestions on how to improve my story?