Ch. 3

Rescue;

Claire POV

I wake up and don't go to Iris's room like always, I cried for what felt like hours, and my eyes are a little bit puffy and swollen. I felt so bad, I am supposed to be her best friend, and I feel like I betrayed her. I don't have control over her career, and I will never pull that stunt again. I walk into the kitchen and the open windows hurts my eyes. I grab a K-cup from the rack and brew some coffee. Iris enters the kitchen without making eye contact with me.

"Iris... I'd rather you be mad at that day, than me..." she doesn't react to my sincere words.

"You've been my best friend for nine years. I don't want us to lose our friendship over a role you know your going to get." I add making my point more valid. She scoffs and puts down her phone; a small giggle leaves her mouth reminiscing on all the fun times we've had. She pulls me into a hug and I don't feel so bad.

"Wanna take that coffee and go eat somewhere?" she asks taking in the scent of coffee.

"Yeah." I answer.

Iris POV

We take a taxi, to the closest IHOP near our apartment. We arrive and there are many families at each table. When the waitress looks up her eyes widen at the sight of me. I smile back at her; she then guides us to a booth and takes our drinks.

"May I have some orange juice please?" I say.

"Can I have... hot chocolate please," Claire adds.

"Alright are we ready to order or do you need some more time?"

"More time please," I answer. She walks away and I start looking through the menu for something good to eat. Fifteen minutes go by and Claire and I order the same thing, chicken and waffles. A lady begins to walk towards our table without our food, I look up at her.

"Umm Ms. Vander there are some people waiting outside for you. I was wondering if you want to leave now because we wouldn't want to let them in and disturb the other families." I try to look and she blocks my view awaiting an answer.

"Ummm," I get a quick glimpse of the paparazzi waiting outside.

"Sure." I say. I'm really disappointed because I barely get to eat out. She tells Claire and she also begins to look through the windows outside. I remember that we took a taxi here and I don't know how we are leaving this place. I pull out my phone and quickly call Parker. Five rings go by and I hang up in frustration. Claire pulls out her phone and dials someone else. 15 minutes go by and Claire and I are taken to a small room with one of the employees.

"Who are we waiting for," I ask Claire. She looks down at her phone and then back up at me. She opens her mouth to say something, but then is interrupted by the manager walking in.

"Your ride is here," he says in his accent. She gets up and I follow. I don't have a clue as to where we are going and who is taking us but I am trusting Claire. They open the doors for us and walk us through the crowd. We both walk up to this white comfortable, I am not familiar with this car at all. Claire walks up to the front car window and I approach the back seat. I hesitate to pull on the handle but there is no one else who can come. I take a seat on top of a black coat and some papers. I look to the rearview mirror and an unpleasant face awaits me.

15 minutes earlier

Harry POV

I'm sitting on my couch, laptop on my lap, reviewing the script that the director emailed me. My phone start to ring and an unknown contact pops up.