Let me be the one that shines with you. (Chapter 7)

IAN'S POV

'Oh my God.' Mari was standing right in front of the door and she was looking at us speechless. I tried to say something,but my brain wasn't working anymore. We got caught by Mari and now I would have to deal with it. I finally detached myself from Anthony and abruptly stood up from the bed.

'Mari,It's not what you think.' I knew that someday this would  happen. Fuck.

She looked at me,waved her hands in the air and quickly said 'I'm sorry' and then she rushed outside the room,closing the door behind her. Silence filled the room. That was a bad situation. I looked down at Anthony with a concern look,but he wasn't looking at me,he was running his hand through his hair,eyes fixed on the wall in front of him,probably thinking about what happened. I sighed and closed my eyes,my head was bursting.

'I should go.' I whispered,without looking at him. I quickly reached the doorknob and before Anthony could said something,I was out of the room.  Yeah,I was a freaking coward,but I couldn't help it. Once in the living room again,the other guys were still playing,paying no attention to me,but Mary was  waiting for me,she was standing right near the couch with a look that was a mixed between shock and confusion. I tried to avoid her gaze and calmly headed towards the door.

'Sorry guys to interrupt you,but I think I'll head home now. I don't feel very well and I need to rest.' David looked at me and said.

'Are you okay man? You need a lift?' 

'No man,it's okay I just have to rest a bit. Thank you anyway.' I looked at them for a brief moment and then I quickly got out the house and I knew for a fact that Mari was behind me,waiting for explanations that I really didn't want to give her. 

'Mari,listen,could you just forget what you've just seen? I mean,it's not that big deal.' Meanwhile,my phoned rang. It was a text from Anthony saying that he was staying with Joven and David 'till tonight  and that we needed to talk. Fuck.  Mari took a hold of my arm,gently heading me away from the house. 

'I think I can't just forget something like this.' She sighed and I shook my head,defeated. We kept walking in silence until we finally arrived home. I was ready to say goodbye to her,but she started talking.

'Ian,I think you need someone to talk about this.

'Why is that? It's not like I'm doing something wrong.' I said,irritated,searching for the keys. I entered the house and Mari immediately followed me,closing the door behind her. 

'Why are you so concerned about what's going on between Anthony and me anyway? After all it's not your business,am I wrong?' She grabbed my arm,forcing me to looked at her. 

'Yeah,you're right it's not my business,but you guys are my friends and I care about you two. I don't want to see you suffer because you made the wrong choice.' She firmly said. 

'And what's that supposed to mean? How can you tell that this is the wrong choice?' 

'Ian,can we please sit and talk for a moment?' She insisted.

'We are already talking.'