Chapter 12: His Company

Author's sidenote: LOL thanks for the feedback from Chapter 11! I actually just had to update this story first because a lot of people really requested to have it up sooner so I didn't have the time to write anything else. Enjoy :)

-

Robyn stood where the cash register at her store but she seemed to be distracted by the thoughts in her mind. Her chin rested on her hand as she sighed deeply.

Her store had less people than the usual Sunday morning which gave her some leisure time to get caught up with her own thoughts.

Last night, for the lack of a better word, was interesting. For the most part, she had a great night with Matt. She had a little too much wine at some point and she remembered laughing so much. When the night came to an end, he gladly took her back home. She, however, was eager to spend more time with him.

He was different from any man she'd met before. He was very different yet similar from Aubrey. Matt had this distinct confidence that always made her stomach turn. The poise he carried was something she hoped her future husband would have. Not a lot of men have that. The humor he had was charming and his smile was out of this world. His eyes enticed her; she couldn't help but be mystified by its warmth. Besides that, she connected with him easily.

Robyn always admired the drive he had to pursue her. She enjoyed and is still enjoying the chase.

They were both wrapped up in the moment as they spent even more time together back in her apartment. Their kisses became deeper; it wasn't long until they started taking their clothes off. She enjoyed every single moment she had with him. Whenever she was around his presence, it's as if nothing else mattered. Unless he was around her.

Aubrey was the only one that can interrupt her time with Matt. Badly, in fact. She'd go off tangent and somehow would get lost with her own thoughts until she goes back to reality. What's worse about this situation is that it was inevitable. 

Last night though, because of his actions, she was able to block him out successfully.

"Fuck, I can't believe I had sex last night." she thought.

She did. There's a part of who that regretted it and thinks that it was just too fast. Another part knows that it was great. It was the right thing to do.

"Excuse me?"

Robyn was interrupted by a customer standing close to her.

"Do you have another medium for this dress?"

Her mind was really somewhere else.

"I'm so sorry, our associate Sophie will help you out."

She signaled her employee to come over and help her as she started to head to her office. It wasn't good for her store to have a Debbie Downer.

Once she got settled on her desk, her store manager, Jen stopped by.

"Hey, I saw you out there. Is everything okay?"

"Yeah. Of course, just had a long night."

It was, indeed.

"You know what, I haven't seen that friend of yours who always visited you...what's his name again? The cute one."

"Jen, I really need to get back to work."

She didn't mean to give her attitude, really. 

"Alright, well let me know if you need me."

Work between her store's statistics and her designs for next month's Elle issue kept her busy all day. She was definitely thankful for these types of days. Once the paperwork was finished, she left her office to go straight home.