Chapter 13: The Sunset

With the blinds semi-open in her all-white office, Robyn focused on the new design of her website. For the past 3 weeks, she has fortunately been busy with work that she has kept her mind of the man...no, the men in her life.

Her, for the lack of a better word, relationship with Matt has been consistent despite of the long distance between them. Their late night phone calls made her feel content. She really missed him. At least once a week, she'd get surprised with flowers from him either at work or at her apartment. She always wished a guy would do stuff like that for her.

The other man that's been lingering her mind hasn't had much contact with her. Actually, they haven't talked at all except for the casual exchange of greetings the rare times they pass by each other in the halls of their apartment complex. The only few times she'll hear his voice was through the wall separating their residence. Some of those times, she'll hear a woman, which completely bothered her.

So, the website's new design was a God-sent and a good distraction.

Besides that, she also had an imaginable mind for the past weeks since her sketchpad has been very active. The new designs for both Fenty and Elle has been flowing in, it's as if she's been three months ahead with the numbers of designs she's sketched out. Needless to say, she got work done.

Her eyes were becoming red because of the long computer use so she rested her head back on the headrest of her desk chair.

"Ugh, I need a break" she said out loud.

The clock read: 3:20pm.

"Still early..."she thought.

The familiar knock of Jen disturbed her temporary relaxation.

"Hey, you have visitors."

"I'm a little busy right now, Jen.."

"Trust me, boss..you wanna see them."

A familiar and attractive man whose hair was now shorter and beard is even thicker came in. His smile on his face was something she missed.

"Hey Robs..." he began.

Robs. It was refreshing for her to hear that again.

"Wha..what are you doing here?"

Usually, whenever he surprised her for a visit, she'd immediately jump on him for a hug right as he walked in. She contemplated for a couple of seconds, not knowing what to do.

Though her mind was telling her not to, her body said differently. Robyn found herself walking over to where he stood with a smile on her face. Her perfectly toned arms casually wrapped his neck as she moved her body closer to him.

His response was the same as before. He buried his head on her neck, sniffing her hair as his arms were wrapped around her waist.

"What are you doing here?"

"I brought someone with me.."

She gave him a skeptical look and then a woman walked behind him quickly.

"Mom? Oh my god.."

Monica Fenty strutted inside her daughter's office. Her face was mixed with both happiness and anger. A look Robyn has seen many times before.

"Ma, what are you doing here?"

Aubrey walked over to the chair across Robyn's desk and let the ladies have their moment.

"I mean you never have time to visit me back home, so I came over here. It's nice to know you still know your mother."

"Oh ma, you know I'm so busy here. I'm so glad to see you again."