Ragnarok: Impending Doom ((Preview))

“Hey! Watch it!” ANDREW LESZEK hissed as another passerby bumped into him, his red umbrella quivering in the robust wind. “It sure is raining today…” Andrew remarked with a mumble as his green-hazel eyes rose to observe the dark and stormy sky above him. He trekked through the slightly crowded streets of Nashville, until something out of the blue, stopped dead in his in heavy-footed tracks. His heart had seemed to stop, his eyes locked in steady glaze ahead of him and his feet acted as though they were stuck in dried cement. Andrew stayed in this comatose-like state until a thin and cold hand placed itself firmly on his left shoulder

“Hey, y-you dropped your umbrella.” The voice of a man spoke with a pushy type of voice, carrying a hint of sly intend and some wry. “T-Thanks…” Andrew barely managed to choke out as he turned to face the source of the voice. The voice’s owner was a tall and slightly muscular man. He had ginger hair that was fixed poorly in a chaotic fashion and blazing green eyes that seemed to cut like a dagger into Andrew’s soul. He let out a soft shudder, his eyes rolling in his skull. His eyes traveled up and down the figure, inspecting him for any danger. He seems safe enough, his accent is fake though, Probably just a collage student trying to play a prank on me, Andrew contemplated for a moment or two. He clutched his fist in thought, although his eyes darted to his right hand when he felt his umbrella still tightly in his grasp.

“You lied.” He commented coldly as his eyes drifted up to the now drenched in water ginger standing causally in front of him. The ginger chuckled. “I’m a lie-smith, that’s what I do.” Andrew snarled, rolling his eyes. “Yeah, yeah. Good prank, you win. Now how about you get lost and go tell your stupid friends to post this on YouTube.” Andrew spat, his teeth showing as he let out a gruff growl. “Y-YouTube?” The other questioned, his head tilting slightly to the side in a childish manner. “Yeah, YouTube.” Andrew growled in annoyance, a grunt escaping his lips as another person bumped into him. A frown appeared on the ginger-haired man’s face, “It was just a prank….” He huffed, crossing his arms and licking his pale lips. “…. It’s not the worse I’ve done…” He added in a murmur, his fingers gracing over his lips as though his mind brought him back to a memory he’d much rather forget.

“Whatever, kid, listen up here. I got a concert in one of these saloons I gotta go to. Understand? Now get lost.” Andrew ordered in a more firm and hurried tone as he pushed his dark brown hair back behind his ears. “Oh!” The ginger man exclaimed, snapping his fingers as he thought of something he had forgotten. “My name is LOKI LAUFEYSON.” A smirk appeared on the other’s face that gave Andrew a cold shiver up his spine. “Loki, aye?” He kept his cool, this being most likely a joke. Loki obviously didn’t look like a redheaded, collage dropout. The other nodded, as if to assure him he was telling the truth in the matter. “Did you attack New York recently?” Andrew questioned, a proud smirk appearing on his lips. Oh yeah, I got him now… This little punk will have to stop lying now… Andrew’s mind plotted, his eyes locked on the others.

Loki stared down at his hands, the only things on his body moving being his fingers and eyes. “Midgard…. Midgard… Midgard… Is Midgard really called New York? Did I attack Midgard once and forget? It’s been dreadfully long since I last visited Midgard….” He calculated quietly to himself then answered, pointing upwards. “I fear I do not recall ever attacking Midgard!” Andrew could only scoff at his answer. He had to disapprove this ‘Loki’ person, or at least shame him.  “Do you know who The Hulk is?” Andrew spat out the question without a second thought, adrenaline flooding his veins. “Excuse me?” Loki questioned, his eyebrow rising in confusion. “Whom do you speak of?”, “You know? The Hulk? Big, green rage monster that smashed you into the ground?”

Loki couldn’t help but chuckle feebly at this. “I fear an ogre has never done that.” He assured, his chuckles dying down as he added in a whisper. “Yet.” Andrew got another idea for a question, since it seemed as though Loki had no time to waste and he assumed he could squeeze in another question before his band played. “Is your brother named Thor?” That questioned brought the ginger-haired man before him in a trace-like state. He then lashed out, grabbing Andrew’s collar in a fit of rage and his eyes practically glowed red. “How do you know of him!?” Loki’s behavior immediately changed to being more aggressive.  “Hey, man!” Andrew jolted and head-butted Loki, sending him stumbling back and releasing is hand from Andrew’s collar.

Andrew fumed and stomped towards the immortal. “What was that for?” He commanded, grabbing the ear of his assaulter and dragging him into an alley way stationed beside them. “A-Ah!” Loki hissed her pain, his back hunching over as he tried for escape. “You attacked me!” Andrew growled, releasing his ear and punching him in the stomach. “G-Gah!” Loki groaned, clinching his stomach as breath evaded him swiftly. Andrew snarled and loomed over him, his eyes filled with anger. Loki toke a deep breath as he regained his air and stood straight, before slumping down again. “Y-You started it.” He scoffed, his American accent now swapped for a more sly and regal one. “Started what!?” Andrew exclaimed, his breathing heavy from fury. “If you wouldn’t have mentioned him, I would have lashed out.” Loki patted the dirt from his clothing as his hand brushed idly through his auburn hair.  

Andrew snorted and viewed down at his wristwatch. It was 11:20 AM. Only ten minutes until work, He thought as his eyes wandered back up to meet the peculiar being before him.  “Hey, as much as I’d love to stay and chat, I gotta go. My work starts soon and I know ‘gods’ like yourself don’t have bills and all to pay, but I do.” With that, he trotted pass Loki, a relieved sigh escaping his lips. Loki stayed still for a moment, his mind caught in a slight trace. “H-Hm?” He blinked and rotated on his heel to jog after Andrew.  “Hey? Where’d you go off to?” Loki called out, his eyes scanning every possible face in the crowd.

Andrew cringed softly to himself as the faint voice broadcasted in his eardrums. For the love of god, I thought I lost this loser, He grumbled quietly in his head as he peeked over his shoulder to see how far he had made it from Loki. The little creep is far away from me. I ought to be able to lose him, Andrew snickered under his breath as the thought reeled through his brain. Suddenly, Loki rematerialized in front of him in a cloud of grey mist. “Found you!” Loki smirked immaturely as Andrew let out a startled yelp and stumbled down on the ground. Andrew let a frustrated huff as he lay on his back. His umbrella had flown out of his hand on impact, leaving him staring glass eyed at the stormy weather above. He grunted in irritation as the rain pricked his lightly tanned face. “Yeah….” He groaned in annoyance as he pulled himself up to sit. “… You found me. What do you want now? A Nobel award?” He growled, looking up at Loki with a snarl.

He slanted his head slightly, puzzled. “Nobel award? I dread I do not realize what that is.” Loki remarked, offering Andrew his hand to help him up. “No, thanks.” Andrew spat, swatting his hand and pushing himself up to stand. Loki sighed as Andrew rose to his feet. “So… You’re a bard?” Loki inquired, his hands traveling to his pockets causally.  Andrew let out a strained chuckle. “A bard?” Loki nodded, his arms crossed and a sober expression across his face. “I sing in a local band.” Andrew shrugged, bending down to retrieve his umbrella.  “That sounds intriguing.” Loki commented rather coolly, sighing as the rain stopped. “Whatever. Look, I need to go.” Andrew strode off, his mind drifting off as he trekked to the saloon.