Chapter Four: Envisioning His Goals

I'm a man with a one track mind,
So much to do in one life time.
Not a man for compromise and where's and why's and living lies
So I'm living it all, yes I'm living it all.
- I Want It All; Queen

Chapter Four: Envisioning His Goals

"Jyushimatsu! Hey, come back here! Stop runnin-- Hey! Are you listening?!" Choromatsu exclaimed as he watched the angel score off another homerun and dash away from his place. I told him not to be that playful, he thought. "Oi-- Jyushimatsu!"

"Yes?" Jyushimatsu shouted from his current place.

"Go back here! You might get hurt!" The goddess, exasperated, flew towards the angel to drag him back the river. Jyushimatsu reluctantly let himself be dragged, occasionally looking up to Choromatsu's obviously annoyed face. He kept grinning.

"Choromatsu-kun grows up so fast! You're almost the same height as mine!" Jyushimatsu lit up. "You're amazing!"

The goddess, despite his mood, smiled. "Well, that's because I guess I have the knowledge of this body now. It's all thanks to you."

"Then we'll play baseball?!" Jyushimatsu jumped away from Choromatsu's grasp.

"No. You need to teach me more! I still have a lot to learn."

Jyushimatsu pouted but immediately returned to his smiling visage. "You are such a diligent being! No wonder you're a goddess. You are all like that!"

"Really, now?" Choromatsu arched one of his eyebrows. "We're still not playing baseball. Don't trick me."

"I'm not tricking you at all!" Jyushimatsu nodded. "Hm! Definitely not!

"But still, time runs so fast, doesn't it?" the angel pondered out loud as they arrived at the riverbank. "And even though I've been a guide of former goddesses here for a long time already, I'm still shocked by your progress. Maybe one of the fastest! You're amazing, Choromatsu-kun!"

"Is that so? T-Thanks." Choromatsu sat down as several birds rested on his shoulder. He smiled as he played with one of them. "I hope you'll continue guiding me throughout, Jyushimatsu."

The goddess, physically and mentally speaking, is now an 18-year old. He glanced up and witnessed the golden leaves of trees fall down on the river-- slowly, one by one, creating a wonderful ripple on the blue surface.

It has been a year (and a bit more) since he came in this world; a year since he learned a lot about this world through a certain angel's and priest's help. A year since he guarded this river almost 24/7.

And last but not the least...

It's been year since he met a certain devil whom he befriended when he literally had no clue.

Much to Choromatsu's relief, the devil showed no signs of coming back. No, he didn't hate Osomatsu. It's just...things are complicated.

Honestly, Choromatsu doesn't know how he would act if he would see those pair of fiery red eyes again. He's a goddess and he knows that he shouldn't interact with such beings.

Yet, there's a tinge of yearning inside Choromatsu's heart...but he is just too stubborn to admit it. Those times where they would always play together and he would witness Osomatsu's antics were missed, in all honesty. But logic over emotions, as he would often quote.

Karamatsu advised him not to bottle up his feelings a lot-- for someday, it would eventually burst into something more destructive. Choromatsu would love to heed to the priest's words but sometimes, Karamatsu's way of talking is...weird.