Cover making tips 101

First of all, I would like to say i'm not a professional in terms of cover making, but I can say I have made decent ones and I'm handling a cover shop and a premade shop also joined many cover contests. So I can say I had lots of experience regarding cover making.

⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️

Tips in picking a good image:

I can say I mostly use my computer in editing covers and stuff, but also I have knowledge in editing apps in androids and iphones. So what do you consider in choosing the perfect image to be edited?

First and most of all, the site.
I often use google in terms of pictures, because you can see almost all of the pictures from different websites there. But I always add 'tumblr' when I'm searching because awesome pictures are from tumblr.

You could search like "Sad girl tumblr" and all black and white aura and sad moods will immediately show from tumblr. Or if you want from we heart it just replace tumblr.

You can also direct search it from tumblr site/app and we heart it app.

Second one, the quality
Since we have different tastes in choosing a photo, i'll skip it (what i mean what picture to choose in that particular site) so move on to the quality.

What am I trying to say is, if you are to search a picture of a hipster girl, think of the picture you want to see in the cover before even searching it. It's one of the trait of a graphic artist, you should be able to visualize the future cover even without having the exact samples you will use.

So of course tons of pictures will show up, so if you were to choose, for example the title is "boyish chick" for me I visualize a beautiful girl on a skateboard. So search for it or if you will see better photos, go get it. But always remember the photo must be in high quality and you can see the details of it. And always have a high standards in picking a photo.
(i'm sorry i kinda suck explaining this one, i'll edit it when my brain is not on crash)

Third one, more the better

It's absolutely free to get photos so take advantage of it! Pick as many photos you liked and after wards pick the best 2-3 images then make the edits and that's when you choose the best cover.

💎💎💎💎💎💎

comment suggestions
Vote
Add this to your library for more.