Chapter 2

Aoba POV

I walked away from the blonde haired beauty, cursing myself. Why can't I tell him? It would be easier for the both of us.

I bumped into a tall, black haired boy, dressed in a red kimono. Koujaku.

"Hey Aoba, you alright? You look a bit under the weather." My childhood friend remarked.

"I'm fine. Just a bit of a headache."

"Are you sure?" He moved closer. A bit too close.

"K-Koujaku, you're a bit too close..." I muttered.

"Oh, sorry" he laughed it off and stepped back. Something was off about Koujaku, but the loud ringing of the warning bell drowned out my thoughts.

"Time to get to class" he said.

"Yeah" I walked behind him to my first class.

>time skip<

I groaned in relief. The final bell sounded, letting us know it was the end of the day. I stretched like a tired kitten, then started packing up my things.

"Hey Aoba, d'you wanna hang at my place tonight?" Koujaku stared at me, wanting an answer.

"Sorry hippo, I have a ton of homework to catch up on." I lied. I just didn't want to spend my time with anyone except Noiz.

Koujaku sighed but accepted it.

"Well, see you tomorrow then."

"See ya!"

I walked out of my class just to see him again. My emerald eyed prince. I walked up behind him and engulfed him in a tight embrace.

He looked behind and I smiled. I'm not sure if it was my imagination but he looked flustered. He pulled away from me, muttered a quick, "goodbye" and left.

I felt a sharp pain in my chest. Why did love have to hurt?

I slowly walked home. I knew he wasn't gay, and yet here I was, crying over him. I should just let him love whoever he wants, but I want him to myself...

I stepped into the house and was greeted with an unfamiliar sight. Noiz and granny were sitting in the kitchen discussing something.

Granny turned and noticed me gawking at the two of them.

"Aoba, shut your mouth and get over here." She said in a slightly irritated tone.

I dumped my stuff by the door and approached the kitchen. There was butterflies in my stomach, and heat rising to my cheeks. My crush was in my house. I slowly sat down next to Noiz, half hoping he didn't notice my beet red face.

"Aoba, Noiz will be staying here whilst his family are on holiday." I almost choked. Noiz. Staying here. "He will be staying in your room so show him where to put his stuff."

I was dumbstruck. My knight in shining armour was staying with me. In my room.

This is going to be interesting.