Chapter 5

Noiz's POV
I lied to Aoba. It was a gut reaction, I didn't mean it. Instant regret washed over me.

"Oh", Aoba looked hurt. He released my shirt and stood up, "I see", tears were forming in his hazel eyes. I quickly got up, but Aoba had already fled the room. Why am I so dishonest?

Aoba's POV
I fled the room, not wanting to be anywhere near Noiz. I knew it; he hates me, he just saw me as a friend. Now he probably hates me.

I went downstairs with a spare blanket and slept on the sofa. How could I be so stupid?

>time skip<
I woke up earlier than usual. My eyes were still puffy from the tears I had shed. I got dressed, made breakfast and left for school. I didn't want to face Noiz, not yet.
(He has a change of clothes in his school bag which was already downstairs)

>time skip-just before first period<
Koujaku was waiting in the usual spot, although he looked confused. Maybe because I was here a little earlier than usual. I walked up to him and punched him really hard on the arm.

"Ow! What Was that for!" He groaned whilst rubbing his arm I just hit.

"Thanks a lot Koujaku! Confessing really is risk-free!" I shouted. Tears started to blur my vision. Please, not at school.

"Aoba, what's wrong?!" Koujaku wrapped me in a warm embrace. I told him everything that happened the night before as tears soaked his red kimono.

"It's okay Aoba. He doesn't hate you." I looked at Koujaku. He's such a good friend. Wiping the tears from my eyes I looked at my watch. "We should make our way to class."

"Okay." We walked to class in silence.

Noiz's POV
I stood there shocked. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Aoba was crying his eyes out, telling his friend every thing that happened. He's heartbroken. I couldn't believe he was that serious about me, to be perfectly honest I thought it was a dare. Well obviously not! This is all my fault. He's so upset because I'm such a coward.

>time skip<
Aoba's been avoiding me for the past couple of days. I deserve it, I did seriously hurt him. I'm such a dick.

I woke up in his room for the 3rd day in a row, feeling awful. He doesn't come near this room at all anymore. I want to apologise to him, I want to hug him and kiss him and treasure him. But that'll never happen, not unless I can get him to talk to me, or to get him to stop ignoring me.

I got up off the floor and got dressed. I went downstairs to see Aoba about to leave the house. He stared at me for a split second then ran out the door. This is my only chance! I sprinted out the door, with my school stuff, after Aoba. He's fast.

He ran around a corner to try and lose me, but I followed. The pursuit continued in this fashion until Aoba ran into an alleyway and tripped up slightly. This gave me a chance to catch up.

I sprinted with all my strength and grabbed his arm. Aoba fell forward and we ended up on the floor, me on top of Aoba.

"Caught you."