-What To Wait For-

Since I'm alone I have to be more careful then ever. I can't hear a sound of death from the field so, I will have to go to town where I might find food and fresh drinking water and if I'm really lucky find a different weapon other than this stupid rusted shovel or even find people that aren't mutants.

              Walking threw the tall field of grass with no screams. My feelings are jumble, I'm  scared,but yet satisfied at the same time. I don't know really what to think but, what I do know is I need to get to town, preferably alive.

~time skip~

           Still alive surprisingly and I haven't seen a single mutant on my trip here but when i get more into this small town my feeling of being watched grows. As I get closer to the town it's starting to feel bigger all the broken, rusted buildings are starting to get taller as I walk down the shitty road. Every crashed car and broken store window has its story probably worse then mine.

            I step into a run down grocery store where there is some cans of food still sitting on the shelves. As I grab the cans of peas and beans off the top shelf i hear a small sound coming from the back room behind where they have the cigarets and expensive bottles of beer and wine. Unsure of the noise I shove the cans in my red torn backpack, grab the shovel from the counter I leaned it on when I walked in and fearfully headed to the back to check the noise.

          The door is cracked where the nosies were coming from. I peak my head in the crack of the door and only to see three empty beer bottles, at huge rat, and a little girl. A little mutant girl cured up in a ball her face in her knees. She has barely any hair, her flesh is all falling and rotting, and her little pick sun dress she is wearing, all dirty. I can't kill her not when she hasn't done anything to me.

        I backed away from the door and the little girl. She couldn't have been more then 10 years old. I just feel so bad for her she's alone, scared, like I am. Reminds me of someone knew.

      On my way out i grabbed some of the beer bottles and put them in my bag. I walked out the side door from the store into the alley beside the store and come across two dead mutants sitting upright against a brick wall of the other building. By the looks of it they have got killed recently. The woman had a axe through her head and well the guy is holding the girls hand but has a stack where his heart was.

      Not looking anymore I left the alley way to come back on the street.

----------------------------------------------