Chapter One: A Family Feud

"Immortality, great deal, pays off in the long run. Well I've yet to see any proof of that." The young woman, Evelyn, grumbled as she packed cardboard box after cardboard box of her belongings. Rule one of immortality: Never stay somewhere more than 5 years. Evelyn wasn't breaking that rule, and she was definitely not hiring anybody to move her things, as there were some... unfortunate items at her disposal. She started carrying the boxes out to her car, only to be interuppted by the sound of...

"Maddie! Maddie, where are you going?" A voice called. Maddie, right. That's her alias. Evelyn turned to see Elizabeth, who lived across from her.

"Sorry Lizzie. You know my mom's sick and I just got a call. She's gotten worse, so I have to go stay with her." Evelyn lied smoothly. She'd had over 2000 years of practice, she was a master.

"Can't your brother handle it?" Elizabeth pleaded. Evelyn opened her mouth, about to answer when she closed it and looked at Elizabeth, eyebrows furrowed in a state of confusion.

"I never told you about my brother." Evelyn said slowly.

"I ran into him in the lobby. He said he needed to talk to you about a favor you owe him." Elizabeth elaborated.

"He said that? I bet he did, the little worm." Evelyn muttered.

"I take it you don't get on very well." Elizabeth inferred.

"That's one way of putting it, yeah." Evelyn muttered, walking back into the lobby, where true to Elizabeth said, her brother was waiting.

"Hello sister. Long time since we spoke." He greeted.

"You, me, car. NOW." Evelyn ordered.

"Just that? No hello, no how you've been, just an order. You haven't changed a bit, dear sister." He smirked.

"Are you honestly trying to bother me or have you always been this annoying?" Evelyn demanded.

"Honestly, annoying you is just priceless." Her brother smirked.

"Until I wollop you upside the head, yeah." Evelyn agreed, then took hold of her brother's coat collar and dragged him to her apartment.

"What are you doing?" He demanded.

"First off, we're going to pretend we're human. Second, you're going to help me move my things into the car. Third, you're going to tell me why you've come, because the only thing that's keeping me from punching you in the gut is that you hate me just as much as I hate you, so you wouldn't come if this wasn't an emergency." Evelyn ordered, putting her hands on her hips.

"Still as bossy as you were two thousand years ago." Her brother muttered.

"And you're still taking all the credit, I see, judging by your watch." Evelyn shot back, studying the gold wristwatch she'd unclasped from his wrist while he was distracted.

"Still a pickpocket too." Her brother sighed again.

"Gotta make a living on the road somehow. I try and get an honest job, but they never last long." Evelyn explained.

"I know the feeling." Her brother agreed.

"Okay, this has to be bad. Not only are we not throwing each other out the windows, you're agreeing with me. What's going on?" Evelyn asked.

"Hannah Eugene. Died in her apartment last week. We'd know her as Morgan Le Fay. Two days ago, Diana Muse. Medea." Her brother explained.

"And you think we're next?" Evelyn asked.

"Yeah. Evie, it's not just anybody killing them. It's the Mirror. The Mirror's come back." Her brother warned.

"Get in the car, Merlin. We're gonna pull a runner." Evelyn smirked.