Chapter 3

Youngjae

"Youngjae baby, how come you didn't call me if you weren't feeling good?" I hear my mom. I open my eyes and the spot next to me is unoccupied.

"I'm sorry Eomma, I didn't want to bother you." I sit up and look her in the eyes with an innocent smile.

"Well I was told that you were sent here at 10:30 am and it's 1:15 pm now. You must have slept good." She plays with my hair and I nod.

"But you messed up your sleep schedule. Did you even eat lunch?" As soon as she finished her sentence my stomach made it's presence known.

"I don't have time to cook so we'll get take-out."

...

I look behind be at a guy that I've been admiring for the whole school year. Hoseok. He's smiling while a group of students, guys and girls, giggle around him. All of them have tinted cheeks.

Awe Bae is taking care of animals today. How sweet.

"Now today class, we're starting a new project. You will have to do a PowerPoint with a partner. BUT you will not be moving or talking." The class groans. "Thankfully the librarian gave us enough chrome books for the class."

He passes out a chrome book to every student. "Once you get your chrome book go to google slides. I'll give you the rest in a minute."

I see hands go up. "Yes Jackson?"

"How are we supposed to work together if we can't communicate."

He sighs and turns on the projector and his computer going to google slides. He looks at me. "Have you got it on Google slides?" I nod with a polite smile.

"Go to add people and type in my email. SK25@bangtan-isd.org." I do as he says and hit send.

"Now, type your name on a new slide." I do just that and I hear gasps.

"Is that real Mr. Kim?" He nods and then he types names on the PowerPoint. I look at my screen and wait till I see who I'm paired with.

Choi Youngjae and Jung Hoseok

I smile. Perfect. "Now that you know your partners, all you have to do is type their names, their emails will pop up and you click on it. Your topics are things that you are most passionate about." And with that he freezes the projector and started typing away on his computers,probably putting grades in.

I look back at the projector to see if I'm seeing it correct.

I am infact paired with Hoseok.

I open another PowerPoint and add Hoseok. I see him type a 'hi' and I blush.

Youngjae: hello

Hoseok: what all are you doing?

Youngjae: I'll do pictures and transitions.

Hoseok backspases everything and begins to type again.

Hoseok: Let's gather everything first :)

*backspace*

Hoseok: what are you passionate about?

Youngjae: Yo
*backspace*
um I'm passionate about singing. I like to sing

Hoseok: Well I'm passionate about rap.
*backspace*
wanna do our project on music?

Youngjae: Anything for
*backspace*
whatever you
*backspace*
sure ok.

I blushed. I looked back to see him smirking at his computer. I look around and see that the whole class are, like us, using the computers as a way of texting. But unlike us, I don't know if their conversation very clean.

"Ok class, before the bell rings, I just want to let you know that you can do this at home on your computer and also on your phone. The name of the app is called google slides and it should already be on your computer. There are...3 minutes until the bell rings. Use your time wisely."

I look around again and see this one girl biting her lip. Her arm is moving alot and her hand is covered by the desk. I look back up at the projector and see who she'd partnered with, then look for the guy to find his hand also somewhere it shouldn't be. His free hand is typing away and I rolled my eyes and look back at my computer.

Hoseok: You good? Hello?

Youngjae: I've been better.

*backspace*

Hoseok: what happened??

Youngjae: I'm going to die a virgin
*backspace*

Hoseok: sounds horrible.
*backspace*
Why don't you just get laid?

Youngjae: I look like a potato :/

*backspace

Youngjae: plus I don't want to become the next slut...

I immediately backspace everything and look back. Hoseok is staring at me with a look that I can't explain. Kinda like that y u no guy

Ok maybe I exaggerated a tad bit

Ok maybe I exaggerated a tad bit. He then starts typing and I look at my computer

Hoseok: What do you mean nexy *backspace*
next slut? Are you calling mr
*backspace*
me a slut cause I actually go out and live for once?
*backspace*
I've only fucked a handful of people so who the fuck are you calling a fucking slut?!

I backspace and sigh

Youngjae: I didn't mean it like that. Well...I did.
*backspace*
I'm sorry ok. Just forget I said anything.

The bell rings and Mr. Kim tells everyone to log off and leave it for the next class. I do just that and grab my things, walking out.