Chapter Two

I walked into the school gate and immediately saw my two best friends, Laura and Rosie. I put my phone into my skirt pocket and walked towards them. 

“Danah!” They yelled once they saw me. I smiled at them and walked over to them.

“Hey,” I said. We talked for a little bit before the bell went off. We said bye and walked different ways since we were all in different homerooms. I walked into my homeroom and dumped my bag onto a desk at the back next to one of my other friend, Jessica.

“Hi,” She whispered.

“Hi,” I whispered back before looking at my desk as I started tapping on it. A couple of seconds later the teacher walked in.

“Danah, stop tapping,” He said in a stern voice.

“Sorry sir,” I mumbled. After what seemed like forever, the bell rang for period one. I grabbed my bag and walked out of the room. I said bye to Jessica and walked towards the History classrooms.

Hopefully this won’t be a long day.

-

Before I knew it, it was lunch time. I walked to the tree at the edge of the oval that I usually sit at with my friends. When I got to the tree, I noticed that Laura, Rosie and my other friend, Lily, were already sitting there.

I sat down next to Lily before falling back and lying on the grass.

“Thank god there are only two more lessons for this year,” I said. Two months to do nothing, to go to the beach and just hang out.

“That reminds me Danah, do you like One Direction?” Laura asked. I sat up and looked at her.

“Yeah, they’re alright. Why?” I asked; confused to why she was asking me.

“Well, Rosie and I are both going to the concert and we have an extra ticket. Do you want to go?”

“Sure, when is it?”

“Uh...Tomorrow night,” She replied, worried that I might change my mind. I smiled at her.

“Sounds like fun.”

“Rosie and I will pick you up before the concert tomorrow,” She said. I nodded and lay back onto the grass. We sat there in silence until the bell went, then we had to all go to our last two classes of the school year.

-

Soon, the bell went and everyone ran out of their classrooms. I walked out of the classroom and started walking towards the school gates. I noticed Laura and Rosie standing there.

“I’ll see you guys tomorrow,” I said, giving them a quick hug and walked out of the gates. I walked down the street, wanting to just get home.

Once I got home, I opened the front door and walked inside.

“I’m home!” I yelled after I closed the door. Natalie came skipping in.

“Hi Danah,” She said, hugging me.

“Hey,” I smiled at her. “Do you know where Mum is?”

“Yeah, she’s in the kitchen.”

I nodded and then headed towards the kitchen. When I walked in, I noticed that Mum was starting to make dinner.

“Hello Danah,” She said.

“Hi, can I ask you something?” I asked.

“Sure, what is it?” She turned to face me so I knew that she was paying attention.

“Can I go to a concert tomorrow night? Laura and Rosie invited me.”

“What concert is it?”

“One Direction,” I said, hoping she would let me go. “Laura and Rosie said that they would pick me up before the concert.”

“Sure,” She smiled at me, turning back to the stove to continue cooking. I ran out of the kitchen and walked up stairs to get out of my uniform. I put on some pyjama shorts and a singlet before grabbing my phone out of my skirt pocket and collapsing onto my bed.

I sent a text to Laura to let her know that I could go to the concert.

To: Laura

I’m allowed to go to the concert yay!

I chucked my phone onto the bedside table and walked downstairs to see if dinner was ready. Mum was serving it up just when I walked into the kitchen. I grabbed my bowl and sat at the dining room table. I ate it quickly before walking up stairs and getting into bed.

It was getting late so I decided just to go to sleep.

Tomorrow’s going to be exciting.