Chapter Three

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. I picked it up off the table and noticed that it was Rosie calling.

“Hey,” I mumbled into the phone, still trying to wake up.

“Oh, did I wake you up?” Rosie asked. I looked over at the clock and realised that it was 11am.

“Yeah, but its fine. What did you ring me for?”

“I just wanted to make sure you were awake so you could get ready before we pick you up for the concert.” I could hear the excitement in her voice.

“Yeah, I’ll get ready now. See you in a few hours,” I said. We both said our goodbyes and then I hung up.

 I got out of bed and walked into the bathroom. I turn the tap on and splashed some water on my face to wake me up. I turned the tap off, picked up my phone and walked downstairs. I noticed Natalie sitting on the couch, watching cartoons while eating some toast.

“Morning,” I said to her as I walked past. She turned around and smiled at me before turning back to watch the cartoons. I continued to walk to the kitchen to get something for breakfast. I pulled the box of left over pizza out of the fridge and put a couple of slices onto a plate. I walked over to the microwave and put the plate in to warm up the slices of pizza.

Once the microwave beeped, indicating that the food was warmed up, I grabbed the plate and walked back into the lounge room where Natalie was still watching cartoons. I fell onto the couch next to her and unlocked my phone. I started scrolling through twitter while eating my pizza. I decided to tweet something before getting ready.

@danaahx: seeing one direction tonight! Ahhh

I locked my phone and got up off the couch. I put my plate in the kitchen and check the time. 12:00pm. I felt my phone vibrate in my hand just before I walked up the stairs.

From: Rosie

Is it ok if we pick you up in an hour? Me and Laura want to see if we can meet the boys!! Oh and Laura has your ticket, she’ll give it to you when we’re there (:

I laughed at the text before replying.

To: Rosie

Sure! Hahaha, i’ll see you guys then ;)

I ran towards the stairs and I made it half way up them before I heard Natalie’s voice.

“Why are you in such a rush?” She asked, looking up at me from the bottom of the stairs.

“I’m going to the One Direction concert with Rosie and Laura.” She nodded slowly before walking away. I continued to run up the stairs before running into my room and closing the door.

I walked up to my wardrobe and opened it, realising I had no idea what I was going to wear. Since it was summer, I realised that I would have to wear a skirt or shorts. I picked out my demin, high-waist shorts and put them on my bed before trying to find a top. I settled on wearing my black, short sleeved, crop top. I put that on my bed before picking out underwear and going to the bathroom to have a shower and wash my hair.

After my shower, I walked back into my room and put the shorts and crop top on. I looked at my reflection in the mirror to check if I looked decent. I then glanced at the clock and noticed that it was already 12:30pm and I only had half an hour to do my hair and makeup. I dried my hair and then decided to keep my hair in its natural, wavy state. I brushed through it one more time before letting it fall over my shoulders. I got my makeup bag out and applied a light layer of foundation before putting on eyeliner and mascara. I put on a really light lipstick before letting out a sigh.

I looked at the clock once again and noticed that it was already 12:55pm. I walked to the mirror one more time and checked my appearance. I quickly grabbed my shoulder bag and put my phone, wallet and lipstick into my bag. I ran down the stairs and grabbed my converse and quickly put them on.

“Your friends are here,” Natalie pointed out, looking out of the window.

“Thanks for that,” I said sarcastically. “Bye Mum, bye Natalie.”

I opened the door and stepped into the cool Brisbane air. I walked up to the car and got into the back seat. Laura was driving and Rosie was sitting in the passenger seat.

This is going to be one interesting night.