3

Control

You and your friends made it to the surface. You are all so happy.

All of you watched the sun as it slowly rises up. You smiled softly as you glanced at your friends who were mesmerized by the beauty of the scenery. Suddenly, a bony hand made it's way to your hand. You glanced up and saw Sans blushing a faint happy blue.

"Uh... (Y/N), can we talk?" He asked with a nervous tone. You nodded and both of you moved away from the others.

"So, are you gonna reset?" The question caught you off guard. You blinked then smiled warmly.

"No. Never." Sans sighed in relief and squeezed your hand. He hugged you. You were shockes for a moment then hugged back. You felt something wet in the crook of your neck. Is he crying.

"Kid... You'll never know how happy I am." He parted and looked at you in the eye. "There's also one thing I've been wanting to tell you."

"What is it?" You asked.

"Knock knock." You giggled.

"Who's there?"

"I love."

"I love who?"

"I love you."

Both of you blushed hard. But most of it was Sans. You smiled and hugged him tightly.

"I love you too Sans." You said gently. Sans hugged back. After a while of silence, Sans spoke up.

"Hey (Y/N). Promise me something."

"Anything."

"Don't ever reset again. Please?" He already parted from you and you can see him pleading.

"I promise." You smiled as the grin in his face widens.

"Thank you. Thank God, (Y/N)." Tears of joy fell from Sans' eye sockets. "I'm... I'm just gonna go over to them." Sans jogged over to the rest of your friends.

"Well, well, well. Isn't that nice?" You gasped as you recognized the voice.

"Chara." You hissed. They giggled.

"Promising something you can't keep? Hilarious." They took hold of your wrists. You tried to struggle but their grip on your wrists was too tight.

"You'll have to reset. Or else, I'll destroy your happy ending." Chara whispered to your ear bringing chills to your spine. But you stayed determined.

"No. I won't, Chara." You said. They chuckled darkly.

"D i d  y o u  r e a l l y  t h i n k  y o u  h a v e  a  c h o i c e?"

They made the reset menu appear in front of you.

"Say goodbye to your perfect ending, (Y/N)." They laughed as they made you press the reset button. All you can do is cry and whisper a few words.

"Sorry Sans, Chara's in control now."