Getting Somewhere

“ Come on Boys, Your Dad is here? I screamed as I frantically tried to get the boys ready for there father. It was his week with them and it gave me a chance to catch up on some work.

“ So the boys told me that you started working again with Dre ” Kevin asked as he waited for the boys to come down the stairs with all their stuff. As much as Kevin had been supported of my Career back in the day, we both knew that it was the main cause for our relationship to go bad. I was working all hours and I never seemed to have time for the kids and him, this lead to him having affairs and cheating on me. He always blamed it on me, saying that If I was home he wouldn't have cheated but I don't believe that, I think he just wanted to get back all those teenage years he missed out on.

“ yeah, its been a couple of months now” I replied wondering if he was going to start lecturing me about priorities and what was important.

“ just promise me it wont go back to the old days when you hardly saw the boys, they need their mother around” he said as he placed his coffee down on the table. I know where he was coming from but he didn't have to worry, the boys are my number one priority.

“ I promise” I simply said as we both stared at each other before being interrupted by the boys coming down with all their things. It looked like the boys were excited to see their father and hang out with him. It been nearly two weeks because Kevin has been away on a business trip so I have had them for the last two weeks. That was the reason we moved to Detroit, since I can remember Kevin has always put my career before his, if I need to move towns he would always follow just to be close to his boys but now it was my turn to do something for him and let him have his dream job.

“ oh and just be careful, I remember all the pain you went through last time and I don’t want that to happen again” he said as he gathered the boys and headed out the front door. As he said those things I saw that he was concern about what could happen again. He hated what we had to go through last time and he didn't want the boys to go through that again, and I was going to make sure that never happened again, the boys were never going to mix with my work.

Its been a couple of weeks that I have been working with Eminem and helping him on his album. You see after we finished producing Love the way you Lie, he asked if I wanted to help with the last bit of his album. I was so excited and stoked but I still can tell he doesn't trust me a lot with producing. He has two main producers on the album which are Just Blaze and Mr Porter which he trust with everything, from producing to the vocals. I get a long with them really well and they really like to hear my opinion but I still can tell Eminem is holding back a little bit, he rarely asks for my opinion directly, so I usually help Mr Porter or Just Blaze out with the production when Eminem is not there. I tend to keep quiet and just agree with everything because I am not up to really vocalising my opinions and thoughts yet, I still have a long way to go to I earn that respect.

But even though Eminem doesn’t trust me, my working relationship with Lil Wayne and his Company has really moved forward and is working out really well. He has asked me if I wanted to help produce a new album for his newest rapper that he had just signed Nicki Minaj, he believes we will get along really well and have a lot of things in common because even though she is a rapper she is very feminine and so am I, so he thinks we can make a album that is still Hip Hop but is a lot different in a way.

Its two months till the end of the year and It looks like I will be working with shady records till a couple of months after the New year, his album is out in June so the final production will end in March. One of the best things about working with Eminem, is the other rappers that always seem to be at his studio while he is recording. In my spare time I have gotten to know Fifty cent really well and some of the guys from D12, so when Eminem is in his studio working with Mr porter or Just blaze I tend to hang out with those guys. I know for a fact that Fifty wants me to help him with his album because he knows Em is really busy these days so he doesn't have a lot of time to work on his other artist.