Chapter Three

It was the next day and Christina decided to have a barbeque and invite everyone over. She went to the grocery store and Lauren and Dani went with her. Well Amy went too but she was no help. As soon as Christina got done preparing the food, the girls started coming over. Zendaya, Normani, and Dinah came through the door greeting everyone.

"Hey you guys," Dinah said as she took a seat on the couch.

"Yo," Zendaya said as she walked into the kitchen and wrapped her arms around Christina's waist.

"Oh my God move! You're so childish!" exclaimed Christina.

"Oop, lovebirds!" Normani said as she peeked into the kitchen.

"Your one to talk. Katherine likes you," said Lauren quietly still looking at her phone.

"Aye as a matter of fact, why don't you go and say hi. She's upstairs," said Christina  winking at Normani who rolled her eyes playfully and jogged up the stairs. She opened the door to Christina's room after she knocked a couple of times.

"Hello?" she asked as she slowly opened the door.

"Uhm, hey Normani," said Katherine as she buttoned up her flannel.

"Its hot out. What's with the flannel?"

" I like them. You don't like how it looks on me?"

"Naw it looks good on you."

Normani sat down on the bed and  pulled Katherine down with her.

"We gotta talk Kat."

"No we don't. You don't have to say it."

"No I do. Look, I know you like me and all but now isn't a good time to start dating. I go away to college in the fall and it'd be too hard to maintain a-"

"I get it Normani. I know there can't be an "us." Can't we at least be friends?"

"Yeah. We can."

They hugged and went back downstairs.

"That was a quick talk," said Lisa.

"There wasnt much to say," replied Katherine walking outside. Zendaya and Christina came from the kitchen and looked at Normani who just shrugged.
******************************
The barbeque lasted until night and everyone was outside eating and talking.

"Its hot out here," complained Amy who sat in a lawn chair fanning herself and sipping on a glass of champagne.

"Stop drinking so much Amy, it's like 65 degrees out here," said Lisa.

"Lies. Its hot as hell and I need air."

"Go in the house then midget," replied Christina who sat next to her younger sister.

"You go in house! Don't tell me what to do," said Amy.

Christina went back to talking to Zendaya. Lauren and Dani were play fighting in the yard. Lisa was on her phone, Dinah was busy trying to be in Lisa's SnapChat.

"Why didn't Camila come to the barbeque?" asked Lisa.

"I don't know," shrugged Dinah.

"Hey, where did Mani and Kat go?" asked Zendaya.

"They probably went in the house to make love faces!" exclaimed Christina.

"But they said they were gonna watch a movie about an hour ago," said Amy while she fanned herself.

"Oh shit, lets go see! Ya know sneak up on em," Dinah whispered yelled. Lisa nodded her head and smiled. The two of them got up and walked to the front of the house.