Chapter 3

This is Charlie

This is Charlie

-Semi Edited- Character name change!

Charlotte

I'm so happy that we got past this. I knew that nothing could get in the way of our... wait. Did he say....? BABY? There is no way that he said baby. I must be hearing things. There is no way that my Luke said he was going to have a baby. Wait my Luke. Luke's not mine he is his own person why did I think that. Who am I kidding Luke is mine, and only mine. He might not know it but he is mine. He has always been mine. He will always be mine. Realizing what he just said I pull myself away from him.

"Wait," taking a moment to look at his relieved face I continue.

"Did you just say baby?" I ask pausing again. I see his face change into a concerned one.

"Yeah?" he replied razing his eyebrows and lifting his shoulders.

"That means you're..." I couldn't even bring myself to finish my sentence. Knowing what I was going to say Luke finishes for me.

"I am going to be a father." he said in a whisper.

How could this be happening? We are 19 and we have our whole lives ahead of us. How is he going to support a child if he can't even afford himself? It's not like his little jobs are going to afford a child and if they do not end up together he's going to pay child support and he's going to have a son or daughter. That kids going to be somewhat my niece or nephew.

My Luke is going to be a dad. He will never be able to be mine. He is going to be Mary's and knowing Luke he is going to want the kid. He already called himself a father. He's not going to want to get rid of it. He is going to want man up and take responsibility for what he did.

Why do I want to get rid of a little innocent child?

What am I thinking?

Why would I even think that?

Luke is mine.

He has always been mine and now he is not. What am I going to do without him? I cannot be without him.

I refuse to be without him.

Without looking at him I run. Without thinking about anything, I run. I run out of the tree house. I run out past his car. I run into the trail in the woods. Not once looking back even though I can hear him calling out my name. I run.

I always run from my problems, but Luke helps me face them. Now he cannot help me though this because he is the problem. Not physically, but he caused it. Tears filled my eyes and I feel my soul somehow shake. It was an odd feeling. It was like a part of me was no longer there. Like a part of me had rejected the other half. My soul felt...alone?

Weird because I am thinking of my soul as if it was something that I could feel. However I did, and it did not like the way things were playing out.