Part 4

Chapter - 4
From now on it will be in flashback (past)

(Flashback; 200 years ago)
(Manik's Pov)
I saw her dancing in the meadow. She had long, silky hair, dark as the night. Fair skin and rosy cheeks and a perfect body. She was the princess of the land. She was a creation I had never seen in my eternal existence. Each step she took was full of rhythm and energy. I wanted her. I always watched from the dark forest. She couldn't see me as I was in my shadow form, which blended me in with the darkness.
Someone called to her, and she ran off with joy back across a bridge to the palace. I watched her until she disappeared inside. I then went back to my human form and walked off into the depths of the forest.
(Nandini's Pov)
I skipped my way up to my room. I wanted to stay in the meadow longer, but my parents wanted me to meet a potential suitor. I was of marriageable age, but I never liked any of the suitors. Some were ugly, arrogant, dumb, or even all three. I wanted to find the one.
The suitor was Prince Harshad. I took one good look at him and decided he was going to be rejected by me. He smiled at me as I went to get some tea. Respecting my mother's orders, I got dressed in the best gown I had, but luckily I had free reign if I wanted to marry him or not. The prince was talking with my father. He looked at me again and smiled. I offered him some tea and took a seat next to my father. He looked sincere at first, but then he began eyeing me weirdly, which made me really uncomfortable. I thought of an excuse to leave.
"Father, I need to freshen up." I whispered to him. He nodded.
I got up and rushed away. Rejected. He wouldn't be my husband even if he was the last guy on the planet. But I heard he was supposedly very influential on the kingdoms near to his. And father needed that political power. Mother was waiting in my room.
"Nandini ,how did you like the prince?" She asked eagerly.
"I didn't like him. He made me feel uncomfortable. I'm not getting good vibes from him." I said.
"Really?!" She asked. "He seemed like a nice man when I met him." She made me sit on the bed.
"But I don't like him. I don't want to be his wife." I protested.
"Alright dear, I'll speak to your father about this." She kissed my forehead and left.
Father was, however, impressed with Prince Harshad. He seemed adamant that I get married to him. He was tired of my continuous rejections of every suitor presented to me. I tried to say no, but he wouldn't listen to my pleas. I became so upset that I locked myself in my room for the rest of the day.
Night soon fell. I cleaned my face up of dried tears and dressed in my favorite night gown. It was a soft, white gown. I ventured to my balcony and overlooked the forest next to the palace. There I saw a pair of crimson red eyes watching me. I gasped and stepped back. The eyes disappeared as well. I rushed inside and shut the door to my balcony, taking deep breaths. I buried myself in the covers after deciphering the reality of what I just saw. Those eyes were that of a person, but how were they red? That wasn't possible as far as I knew. I tried to fall asleep, but those eyes now plagued my dreams. It's gaze wasn't dangerous, but it was filled with admiration.
(Manik's Pov)
She looked upset when she locked eyes with me. I wanted to make her feel better, and also destroy whatever snatched her beautiful smile from her face. I traveled to the insides of her room, finding her asleep. Her hair was spread out across the pillow, and her cheeks were glowing. But she was still upset. I manifested a thornless rose, one that would never die, and placed it under her dainty hand. My desire to take her away with me tried to overpower my sense of judgement. I would make her fall for me and then I would make her mine forever. I touched her forehead and tried to concentrate on her mind. She was worried about her marriage, to some prince that she didn't like at all. I tried to search deeper, but suddenly she woke up. I transformed into a shadow once more. She looked around, and seeing no one, she relaxed. She found the rose in her hand. Picking it up and turning it with her fingers brought a smile back to her lips again. I caressed her hair once, then traveled back into the forest.
"I will make you mine soon princess."
(Nandini's Pov)
The rose was unique, unlike any other. My attention was fixed only on its beauty when suddenly I had felt a unusually cold sensation on my head. Like someone was touching me. But the room was empty. Who had come here?
(Manik's Pov)
There was a masquerade ball in the palace today to celebrate the queen's birthday. This was the perfect opportunity to meet the princess. All the upper class nobles were being invited. But I couldn't go without an invite. I laughed to myself, how foolish I was. Who needed an invite when I could take control of one of the guards?
Night soon fell, and the whole kingdom ventured towards the palace. I joined the crowd, putting on my mask. The guard stopped me, and asked for the scroll that had the invite on it. I waited till everyone else went inside, and I grabbed his collar and hypnotized him. He nodded and let me inside.
My eyes searched for her. Many girls tried to dance with me, but I pushed them aside. I only wanted her. All of a sudden, everyone turned to the staircase. And there she was, looking beautiful as ever in her sparkly white gown. She had a bright smile on her face, and she had adorned the rose in her hair. The music began playing. I walked over to her and offered her my hand. She looked at me, perplexed and a little frightened. Only she could see my true form.
"May I have this dance, Princess?" I asked. She seemed dazed.
"Yes...yes you may.." She said. Her sweet voice was like music.
I led her to the circle, and began to dance with her. She looked at me with captivated eyes.
"Who are you?" She asked.
"Someone special to you princess. Time will tell you who I am." I said.
"Your eyes...I've never seen someone with eyes of that color."
"Do I scare you?"
"No." She said. "Not at all."
I held her gently by the waist, as we swayed back and forth. A small smile appeared on her lips and her cheeks glowed. I caressed her cheek, and she shivered. She had lost herself in me. I liked that.
(Nandini's Pov)
His red eyes looked the same as the ones I saw in the forest last night. Was he the same person? What was he? I could feel a dark aura coming from his body. It was mysterious. But he was handsome, he had an unnatural beauty. I didn't change partners the rest of the night. Because I felt we were in perfect rhythm.....

Hope u all like it n plz do comment guyss....
Luv u all....😘😘😘 Keep smiling

& soon m coming with an OS